Disclaimer: I took the lazy route, I'm afraid, and recycled an old "get to know" form I used on the Charter board, with minimal updating.
Quote: "What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?"
Forum URL: I have several.
All that's left is an old cat who won't go away.
- What is your favorite color?
Depends on what we're talking about. I like green but not on bread. I like blue but not on any of my extremities.
- What kind of music do you like?
I'm old, so... Classic Rock. Classical. Folk, Jazz, Blues, Blue Grass, some
Country, Alternative, Americana, etc.
- What do you do in your free time besides spending time on SMF?
I'm retired, now, so besides keeping tabs on my forums, I hike, fish, read, do a little writing. Used to do a bit of climbing but I'm losing my nerve. *grin* I dabble with a bit of poetry and prose, which, somehow, relates to the upcoming question "Do you drink?", since one is the direct result of the other.
- What are your goals/dreams in life?
I'm a new (Grand)Pappy. I want to be good at it.
- What got you involved in SMF?
I chanced upon it, researching forum software when I wanted to create a place for some old friends to stay in touch. You see, I really am
just a run-of-the-mill "forum owner". It's not just some self-deprecating statement of protest I make when something's over my head (and most things are).
*thinking* Brett Favre. Tom Petty. Robert DuVall. Douglas Adams (RIP)... and others. (They all honed their particular skills to excellence.) I suppose I should have tried to impress you by saying Gandhi or Mother Teresa; it would have made me sound more profound.
- Are you into sports? If so which ones?
I like NFL football and college football. I can enjoy other sports, i.e., baseball, basketball, etc., but not to the same degree.
I retired from my dream job. (It was music-related and now I'm done.)
- What was your first screenname?
(I'd rather Google didn't pick that up, here.) *grin*
- Do you have any piercings?
- Are you a lefty/righty or ambidextrous?
Right-handed for most things.
- Do you have any tattoo's? If not do you wish/plan to get one?
- Do you have any siblings? If so, how many of each?
I have a brother.
- What is your favorite website?
Hard to say. I like RatherGood.com
when I'm in a weird mood. I do enjoy ghosting around on this site; I try to learn something by gleaning through old support threads.
- Do you play computer games? If so, which ones?
I dawdle around with a few online games, but they're of the card/puzzle/word/strategy variety. I play them idly and absentmindedly, while dialing down.
- Do you play video game consoles? Which ones?
Wii, when my son comes over and bullies me into it.
- Are you married or planning to get married?
I finally went down the aisle in my old age.
- If so do you have any kids?
One. He's my buddy, the father of my granddaughter and a hell of a drummer.
- How many languages do you speak? If so which ones?
Mainly English. Anything else gets me by as a tourist.
- Did you play hookey from class?
Oh, my, school.... I vaguely seem to remember that I did attend school. *grin* I'm sure I must have played hookey; everyone did.
Yes; driving, fishing, hunting...
- Have you ever been stopped for speeding?
I'm afraid so.
- Do you obtain a good amount of sleep daily?
No, and the older I get, the bigger an issue it becomes.
How? I start out on my back... *grin* Is that what this means?
- Have you ever been on an airplane?
- Have you ever broken a bone?
- Do you wear jewelry? If so what jewelry do you wear?
Not since I retired; back then, the occasional pair of cufflinks or pocket watch. I'm sans-jewelry, now, with the exception of a wedding band.
Happily, now, in jeans or sweats. I literally put my ties into a shredder. (I made quite a ceremony out of it.)
- How many keys are on your keyring?
- What time do you go to bed? What time do you wake up?
I promised the doc I'd try to turn in by 10:00 PM, but I lied. I'm up around 6:00.
- What's the freakiest thing you have done?
Freaky? Well... I pretended to be a narcotics agent once in Nashville, when I got caught in a place late at night where I wasn't supposed to be. I flashed a "badge" and demanded to know why the person questioning me was there. I must have been convincing; he backed down and left. (Not exactly "freaky"...)
- How many hours a day do you spend in the computer?
I still have a few things I haven't retired from that require me to spend a few hours in the mornings and I confess, I linger, when that's done.
- How many hours a day do you spend in SMF?
Not as many as I'd like, but I enjoy catching up when I'm here.
- What is your favorite beverage - coffee, tea, soda, beer, other?
Scotch (Bowmore, Balvenie, so on and so forth). I do drink a lot of coffee and tea (since that's on the list of suggestions). One must.
Noise. Crowds. Traffic. Television commercials. Boom boxes.
My new grandchild. *grin* Literature. Wildflowers (don't laugh). A fire in Winter, the clicking of my grandfather clock, a musty old book and my pipe.
Protestant, I suppose.
It was dark, but I'm graying at an alarming rate.
- What's the feature on SMF you can't live without?
- As an administrator?
As an admin, I like the fact that SMF makes me look smarter (to my users) than I actually am.
I like the ease of navigation and a fairly consistent performance.
- If you had 2 things to change about yourself, what would they be?
My temper and my foul mouth. I want to work on that before my little granddaughter realizes that Pappy is a jerk.
- If you had one thing to change about the world, what would it be?
I wish that, in general, the world (it's populace) was not so overly sensitive. It seems that so many look for reasons to be offended. I wish we all had tougher skins and stopped demanding that everyone else censor their thoughts and expressions to accommodate us.