I think this idea has been mentioned in the past, but nothing eventuated from it. Basically, I'd love to see a mod that allowed a 360-style achievement system. The users of my forum have been requesting such a thing, I think it'd be awesome.
Certain achievements could be included as defaults, with the option to switch those achievements on or off, or customise them:
- Number of posts made (with the option to set specific increments)
- Number of posts made within a specific board
- Number of posts made within a specific topic
- Number of posts made within a specific period of time
- Member groups assigned to a user (e.g. becoming a staff member or moderator)
- Member groups assigned, and later removed (e.g. an achievement for former staff members)
- Number of profile fields filled
- Frequency of changing username, or changing other profile fields (a few users on my forum keep changing their listed country)
- Time elapsed online
- Time elapsed since creating an account
- Time elapsed between two posts (e.g. an achievement for someone who doesn't post for three months and then returns)
- Time elapsed between two logins
- Time spent lurking
- Use of smileys
- Double posting
- Use of search function
- Changing theme used
- Other stats-related achievements, such as topics created
Other features I'm thinking could work with something like this:
- The ability to set a point value for each achievement used within a forum.
- BADGES. One for each achievement earned, with the option to display, say, 2 or 3 of the user's choosing under their avatar each time they post.
- An achievement page for each user's profile, where their earned achievements can be displayed.
- An achievement ranking page, where users can see where they rank amongst other users in terms of both points and number of achievements.
- The option to customise the appearance of badges.
- The option to have user-specified achievements that have to be added manually and approved for users.
If I could program stuff myself, I'd totally make this. But I can't, so I'm putting my hopes for it in the hands of you guys.