i've a problem with my forum, at (apparently) random time, it's go slow like hell. Well, not random at all, let's say randomly when there are more then 10/15 users, but first things first:
This is the forum: http://forum.sohead.org [nofollow]
The status.php: http://forum.sohead.org/status.php?mysql_info=1 [nofollow]
The phpinfo: http://sohead.org/info.php [nofollow]
The forum is on a VPS (Xeon Quad E5620, 0.50GHz reserved - 512MB RAM / 512 SWAP many time we use a little bit of it, shhh
The OS info are: Ubuntu 12.04 64bit with this services: Nginx, Php5 (with memcache), MySql, Sphinx and Postfix.
The forum info: 653.681 Posts in 21.509 Topics by 379 Members (at this time) and a TON of Boards, more than 200 (i know it's a bad practice, but it's so .-.) and during peak time, we have 30 users online.
And these are our mod:
1. WYSIWYG Quick Reply, 2.3 (a must have but so bugged with 2.x, i've patched it with info founded in the related thread)
2. Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin, 3.0.2 (i hate this, but i have some iPhone users that whining about the pinch to zoom and forum usability... ... ...)
3. Aeva ~ Auto-Embed Video & Audio, 7.2 (other must have, it's the lite version, never had problem with this)
4. Spoiler Tag, 0.7.2a (same as aeva)
5. Hide Tag Special, 3.0 (so bugged in conjunction with the spoiler, but the only one i finded)
Our problem is mostly about that the server take a long time before serving the page to the browser. No matter if you open a single page or a bunch of them, the pages (or the page) sleeps for a couple of seconds and then quick load.
All of this seem to happen to randomly users when there are more then 10/15 users.
Oh, by the way the problem it's started quite recently, and obviously i can't say when T_T.
Ok, now, seeing all the info up here, there are any visible problems with the forum or the configs i've posted?
What can i do for check for any other related setting/problem?
Can i use the "inactive users" script? I've read that it will grow the database and can slow the forum (with all of our boards, we will have A LOT of rows in the log_xxx table with the inactive script). I don't know the query for the "new" board/thread, it will use advantage from all the rows in the log_xxx table or it will mess up things?
If needed i can post also the nginx and mysql config file (they are really default by the way, i've only installed it with apt-get and configured the security a bit).
Thank you all in advance and sorry for any noticeable grammar errors but here are 4.30 AM and i'm a dunce with english grammar :O