|Name: Jim "JimM" Moore|
Location: Summeton, SC, USA
Quote: Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. (Will Rogers)
Position: Support Specialist
1. Do you have pets?
Yes, a 5 year old Jack Russell Terrier.
2. What is your favorite color?
3. What kind of music do you like?
Both types, Country and Western. Seriously I like all types of music.
4. What do you do with your free time besides spending time on SMF?
Gardening, Amateur Radio, ghost hunting, and karaoke.
5. What are your goals/dreams in life?
Every time I reach a goal, I set one just a bit higher. I still dream about winning the PowerBall lottery!
6. What got you involved in SMF?
I got talked into starting a paranormal forum/group at Xsorbit. It didn’t take me long to decide that I wanted a bit more control and seeing as it was based on an older version of SMF, I started hanging out here. After a couple of months I decided to pick a host and convert to the full version.
7. Who do you admire? Why?
I admire lots of folks but the person that had the most impact on my life is my Dad. He always set the bar high and I’m a better person because of it.
8. Are you into sports? If so which ones?
Yes. I enjoy watching college football and baseball. I used to umpire at the junior college level.
9. What is your dream job?
I did it for 22 years. Serving my country as a munitions specialist in the United States Air Force.
10. What was your first screenname?
jimb29154 - my name, middle initial and zip. Not too creative, I know.
11. Do you have any piercings?
12. Are you a lefty/righty or ambidextrous?
13. Do you have any tattoos? If not do you wish/plan to get one?
No and no.
14. Do you have any siblings? If so, how many of each?
Yep! I have 2 sisters and 1 brother.
15. What is your favorite website?
Tough question…Google is up there because you can find out lots that you want and some things you don’t want with a simple search. SMF.org is where I spend the most time!
16. Do you play computer games? If so, which ones?
Not often, but when I do, I enjoy simulations, especially submarine simulations. I know that’s crazy coming from an Air Force guy but …
17. Do you play video game consoles? Which ones?
No but some of the consoles today have some really awesome graphics..
18. Are you married or planning to get married?
Married for 24 years, divorced for 6, happily remarried now for 4 years.
a. If so do you have any kids?
b. How many kids?
3 – 2 boys and 1 girl, all grown and 3 grands
19. How many languages do you speak? If so which ones?
I only speak English.
20. Do you drink?
21. Do you smoke?
22. Did you play hooky from class?
23. Do you have a license?
Yes, I do.
a. Do you own a car?
2 - a 2002 Buick Century and a 1994 Toyota 4x4.
b. Have you ever been stopped for speeding?
24. Do you obtain a good amount of sleep daily?
About 7 hours.
25. How do you sleep?
I know this isn’t a trick question. I sleep on my left side. I’ve been told I snore if I sleep on my back, but you can't prove that by me.
26. Have you ever been on an airplane?
Lots of times and different types of planes.
27. Have you ever broken a bone?
Once, when I was 10, broke the third finger on my right hand playing baseball.
28. Do you wear jewelry? If so what jewelry do you wear?
Just a wedding ring and a watch.
29. How do you dress?
Khaki’s and polo shirt for work and shorts and t-shirt around the house.
30. How many keys are on your key ring?
31. What time do you go to bed? What time do you wake up?
About 11:30 on weekdays and no telling what time on the weekend. I get up at 6:30 weekdays and about 9:00 on weekends.
32. What's the freakiest thing you have done?
Can’t remember anything. I guess it’s been too long!
33. Do you live alone?
34. How many hours a day do you spend on the computer?
I spend quite a lot of time on a computer at work so I would say approximately 9-10 hours a day.
35. How many hours a day do you spend on SMF?
I try to get in 2 hours but during the summer that slips a bit with all the grass to mow and the garden to pick and the pool to take care of.
36. What is your favorite beverage - coffee, tea, soda, beer, other?
Depends on the time of day. Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon and beer in the evening!
37. What do you hate?
I hate drivers that stay in the fast lane even though they are not passing a slower vehicle.
38. What do you love?
I love spoiling the grandkids and then sending them home.
39. What is your religion?
40. What is your hair color?
41. How tall are you?
6 feet, 1 inch
42. How much do you weigh?
43. What's the feature on SMF you can't live without?
a. As an administrator?
The package manager!
b. As an end user?
Quick reply is something I use all the time.
I retired from the Air Force in 1996 and have been working for a polyester staple manufacturer ever since. I'm currently the production planner, shipping manager, warehouse manager, and part-time IT troubleshooter.