I unistalled the mod and attempted to reinstall but now get the following:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE ID_POLL = 10' at line 3
This hasn't affected my forum as it hasn't installed. Any ideas?
I'd say that error might be due to the initial pre-existing polls issue that I fixed, where you've deleted a poll that existing before the mod was installed, but due to that the pre-existing poll issue, the poll wasn't properly removed from the database, therefore when the mod installs and tries to find that polls associated topic it won't find anything, causing that sql error.
I'll probably put the necessary code to delete those troublesome polls so that issue won't occur once we figure out what's causing this other issue.
Either that poll doesn't exist, the poll has been locked, or you tried to vote twice.
^^ As for those having that issue, I could really use some more information as I can't seem to replicate it.
the following would be quite useful
- version of the mod you're using
- whether the poll existed before you installed the mod
- using phpmyadmin or whatever other tool you've got access to view the databases tables and tell me what that poll has set for ID_TOPIC (you can get the poll id from one of the polls urls)
- giving me step by step actions of what you did and the changes reflected in the polls table in the database
- attach your poll.php so I can check for conflicts
the more information provided, the better I can debug the issue.