Simple Machines is proud to announce the immediate release of SMF 2.0 RC2 to Charter Members. This is the long awaited Second Release Candidate for 2.0 and is one of the last steps towards 2.0 going gold. Literally hundreds of bugs that were reported after the release of RC1 have been fixed and improvements have been made to security, stability, and performance.
As promised, 2.0 RC2 boasts our new Curve theme, which has been made the new default theme. The previous default theme has been renamed Core. Please note Classic and Babylon themes have been removed from the package and are now only available by the theme site.
Major changes since the last release:
- Inclusion of the Curve theme
- Fixed a significant number of bugs reported by Beta Testers, Charter members, and community members.
- Optimized hundreds of queries for faster performance (with new indexes, re-written queries etc, changes to column type)
- Canonical link support for better search engine indexing
- Feature: ability to have different readmes in packages for different languages
- Feature: ability to delete languages (oops! we forgot that earlier)
- Linktrees have been re-added to the lower-areas of the forum. Also, linktrees have been added to the admin, moderation and profile sections.
- Lighttpd support for Queryless urls
- Improved support for right to left languages
- Fixed OpenID
- Extra fields to for Advanced Profile fields to surround/enclose within other text, and to choose placement as icon or signature.
- Several theme improvements for better semantics and standards support.
- Moved more JS out of templates
- Wireless links to switch back to normal mode.
Simple Machines would like to thank its Charter Members for their continued support for SMF.