So this has been quite a nightmare for us system administrators.
We will post a more detailed report later, but first of all I would like to thank:
- dschwab9 (Derek) for spending a significant ammount of time both in and out of the datacenter, patching configurations, comming up with workarounds, upgrading hardware, etc.
- SleePy for spending a lot of time looking through configs and helping where he could
- WireSix Technicians, for bearing with us on letting them run to our file server multiple times
They have been a great help to allow us to continue doing remote jobs
- I guess myself (sounds so wrong
) for spending tons of time on transferring files, udating configs, figure out temporary workarounds for our hardware issues, making patches and modifications, installing software and mitigating DDoS attacks, all to get us in a running state again and working with Derek with the datacenter jobs that had to be done.
- Anyone else that may have indirectly helped us
And thank you all for your patience in this matter!!