would it be possible to integrate an Achievement System into SMF? Similar to Xbox360, Steam or WoW?http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=475
does something similar, but it would be great if this could be automated somehow.
Possible new options could be:
- Award achievement depending on post count in a certain board
- Award achievement depending on number of profile fields filled
- Award achievement depending on position in stats (e.g. in top 10 poster list or longest online)
- Award achievement on signature created
- Award achievement on first (x) post(s) quoted
- Award achievement on (x) topic(s) created
- Award achievement on (x) sticky topics
- Award achievement on creating (x) "hot" themes
- Award achievement for x days without posting
- Award achievement for average posts per day of x
- Award achievement for theme changed (x) times
- Award achievement for using search
Any of these options should be pickable more than once, so there could be an achievement for 1 topic created called "Newbie courage" and for 100 topics created, called "Pillar of community" or something like that. This could be done by adding a max number of achievements (e.g. 30 or 60).
Of course someone with "Pillar of community" will always also have "Newbie courage". Different difficulties of Achievements should be marked by Achievement scores and add up to a max possible score. And of course there should be a stats screen for the achievements.
Maybe, if you think this feature would bloat smf too much, someone would like to put this into a mod?