[If this is a mod you are willing to pay for, please state that at the start of your post. If you are willing to pay for upgrades to future versions of SMF, please state that as well.]
[PAID] Name a reasonable
Would be released for others for freeVersion
[You need to state what version of SMF you want it for. Mods for 1.1.x don't generally work on 2.0 and vice versa.]
Latest version 2.02Description
[Include a short description of what the mod is and what you expect it do. Provide examples from other websites or link to other mods that may be similar but do not offer what you want. The more precise you are, the better mod authors can understand you and crank out what you need. Don't forget to list what version of SMF you need this created for. If you aren't running the latest version of SMF, and the feature you are looking for exists in a newer version, you should probably upgrade.]
Similar to REFERRAL MOD 3.03 and INVITATION SYSTEM mod
So lets call this one "Referral Invitation System"... lol aren't I original...
Basically the current "mods" have some work that still need to be fixed on them, I have done some messing with them and have gotten some things done, but if possible I want a new packaged all in one updated version that can be used... also because i'm not sure of all the security issues that my coding/google pasting might cause..
1) When the mod is activated I want the registration page to have another text field to put in the INVITATION code that is generated by the user.
2) Based on the invitation code the smf db query would find out which "user" generated it and that user would be the person who INVITED/REFERRED them. This would be automatic.
3) The persons profile would then show "Invited by: or Referred by: MEMBERNAME aka JOE BLOW"..or N/A if account created manually by admin. I have done this one already by changing the database to the persons name, i was told this was not a good idea and to use the users ID.... so after doing some digging and testing this worked...
$user="REFERRAL MOD DB QUERY"; (can't remember off the top of my head)
So just grabbing the database query from the current referral mod (referrals ID) it would look it up... I did not change this and post it in the mods particular topic for everyone though..
This would be an administrative OPTION to allow everyone to see who Invited/referred WHO??, but the admin would be able to see it when going to the users profile..
4) On the invitation side, I belive the current mod uses the user ID, name and sha1 x 100 to generate a UNIQUE key... not sure but this might become taxing on a server if you had 100's of people using it at the same time...(worst case scenario), not sure why sha1(db_prefix + the user ID + the User Name + current server date/time) wouldn't generate a unique key (hoping the db_prefix is something that is kept secret among smf files)... but anyway.....a better way of getting a unique key???.
5) ability to set the starting number of invites/referral keys to be generated (current one sets a default 5 when creating the database entries, I know this can easily be changed again, but I am no coder, just trying to learn).
6) ability to set when keys expire or IF they expire
7) ability to view the keys that YOU generate, admin can view PERSONAL generated keys, and then ALL generated keys and show which user referred them.
when a user deletes his or her ACCOUNT, or the account is considered UNUSED and the admin purges it, then the REFERRING users TALLY will be subtracted...leads me toooo
9) Under the persons avatar in the forum, show the number of INVITEES/REFERRALs... this again should be an option the admin can set if he/she wants others to view it...but admin always gets to see it.
10) User/Admin can generate a key FOR another user, chosen by a drop down box of users/easy way of selecting a user/typing it in with a validation check... when its generated FOR a user it will be added to THAT users keys in the database...PM option to send the user a message that he has had a KEY generated for him to give out(message customizable by admin)....again if the Admin enables this option, but admin has it at all times..
11) Current mod allows for SENDING an EMAIL...how about having this as an administrative option that can be disabled/hidden...
12) once a key is confirmed to be valid and used, it is deleted
13) setting a limit on the number of keys that can be generated by any user or USER GROUP/ if not that specific, then max number across the board.
ex. Max number of KEYS that person can generate is 100, as he generates them his AVAILABLE number decreases. This would also be across users, admin has unlimited.
[Include a section on permissions. SMF has a very powerful permissions system, based on usergroup and board. You should specify who would have access to your mod. Is it an admin only feature? How about something staff (moderators / global moderators) would use? A feature for all members? Only members of certain usergroups? Please don't limit yourself to just answering these questions, but utilize this section to explain in detail what you expect for access to your mod.]
-access to enable/disable all features
- Generating keys, seeing who generated them, deleting the keys of users if necessary
- Setting a users # of keys he can generate./max number across board/etc
-View THEIR generated keys
-View THEIR invitees/referrals
-Send Email if admin enables it
-Generate keys for another user IF admin enables it.Feature Set
[Utilize this section to discuss exactly what features you want. Admin options? User options? There really is no limit except the programmer, so feel free to be as specific as you can.]
Many of these options are available on the current 2 mods...not sure if just modifying a couple of things would work... I am no coder and while I'm willing to continue messing with code, I also don't want to create something that KILLS someone's database or forum... so I leave it up to the experts.. reason I am offering a PAID one..
Any suggestions/comments/additions please reply... ANY modders who would be willing PM ME..