Warning: You must create an application on facebook to use this modificationFeatures:
- Register with facebook (new members)
- Integrate forum account with facebook (existing members)
- Disassociate forum account from facebook
- Update your Status on facebook
- Import your facebook avatar
- Invite your facebook friends
- Like/Recommend your site to friends on facebook
- Share, Like, and Publish topics to your facebook wall
- Facebook Comment Box
- Facebook Fan Page
- Friends... View all your facebook friends
Left blank intentionally:Left blank intentionally:
- ACP - this mod has its own admin control panel for easy use
- Supports Standard and Advanced Profile Fields [SMF 2.0 only]
- Facebook admin logs (see all register/Integrated fb users)
- Membergroup (default membergroup for new facebook registered members)
- Buddy list integration (users can sync their forum and fb friends)
In order to use SA facebook Integration mod, you must create a facebook application.
Below find the basic requirements to successfully integrate your forum with Facebook.
1. Go to facebook.com/developers
2. Click "Setup New Application"
3. Choose a name for your application - your forum name can be used if you choose
4. You must agree to Facebook's Terms
Description - you may put a description for your application/website if you wish
Icon - You may use a 16x16 favicon if you wish
Logo - you may upload a logo to be used on facebook for your application if you wish
Language - (self explanatory) Select your preferred language
User Support Address - You MUST choose an option.
You MUST complete the field below based on your choice
Facebook automatically uses your personal email address if you do not complete this field
This field cannot be left blank
Contact Email - this is the email address that you would prefer to have Facebook contact you as the developer of the application
You may also simple copy the registration agreement into a post and provide a link to said post
Developers - (self explanatory) Add and remove other developers if needed
You do NOT need to click save at this time... just continue to the next step.
5. Click "Website"
5a. Site URL - Enter your website url.... must end with "/" or have "?" examples http://mysite.com/
URL's must begin with http:// or https:// (as necessary)
5b. Site Domain - This is only needed if you are using sub-domains such as forum.mysite.com or anything.mysite.com
Domain names MUST NOT have http:// or https:// for example mysite.com and nothing else
6. Click "Facebook Integration" - This step is optional
Only use this step if you want to be able to access your forum on Facebook
Results may vary based on your default theme
6a. Canvas Page - Choose a name for you Canvas - This will display just as any other application or game on facebook - I may provide an example at a later date
apps.facebook.com/your_app_name_here <-- there should be no spaces in your app name.
6b. Canvas URL - This should be your forum home page URL.... must end with "/" or have "?" examples http://mysite.com/
6c. Canvas Type - IFrame is recommended (unless you are advanced enough to code you own canvas)
6d. IFrame Size - Auto-resize is recommended (it attempts to limit the need for scroll bars)
6e. Bookmark URL - I recommend using your Canvas Page URL
Profile Tabs - allows you users to a tab to your application to their Facebook profile (most people dont use this IMO) but you may fill out if you wish
6f. Installable to? - I recommend checking both
7. Click "Save Changes"
"Mobile and Devices " - I havent tried this, so cant provide any details.
"Advanced" - Unless you really know what you are doing, you do not need change anything.
This is the info you need to complete the setting for SA Facebook Integration
With the information provided you should be able to easily setup your Facebook application, install this mod and integrate your forum.