Gift Registry?

Started by BAlGaInTl, July 19, 2006, 04:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BAlGaInTl

I've always run a stand alone gift registry for my family site, but I would really like a mod that is integrated in to SMF.

Basically, I'm lookig for the following features:

--integration in to SMF and possibly compatability with TP
--Users can create a list of gifts they would like to receive along with costs, links, etc
--Users can add to another users gift list (optional).  These could then be seen by other members, but not the original member.  This would need to be optional, since I'm sure that some forum admins would not want everyone just adding to others list.  In my case, it is needed since it is just for a small family forum. 
--Gifts could be "purchased" by members and would be marked as such to everyone except the original user. ex. -Purchased by username

This registry could be accessed as part of the user profile perhaps?  Or as a separate page within SMF.  It might be nice to also be able to access it from the calendar by clicking on an upcoming birthday...

I'm not a coder by any means, so I don't know how difficult something like this would be.

Would I get better response if I posted this in the "paid" support?  I don't have a lot to spend on this, but I imagine that I could come up with something.

BAlGaInTl

No interest in this huh?

Would I get a better response if I posted it as a "Paid" request in the other forum?

DragonLady

I think this is a great idea!  I also run a small, private, family-only forum, and the ability to have a gift list within reach for every member would be nice. 

vbgamer45

Yeah I would give a shot at posting in the paid requests maybe you will get some more repiles.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

BAlGaInTl

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 25, 2006, 08:05:01 PM
Yeah I would give a shot at posting in the paid requests maybe you will get some more repiles.

I did this.

We will see if there are any takers.

JayBachatero

This is not too complicated.  If I had the time I would look into it but I don't :(.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

BAlGaInTl

Unfortuneately, I'm not getting any help in the [PAID] request either.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=101879.0

:(

Joshsux

No offence to SMF but most modders around here ain't interested in fun kind of mods, they are always fixes, and making stuff look better, don't get me wrong SMF far beats any other forum, but if you want fun type mods like i did this is deff not the forum for you.... nobody will even do a small pet mod that would keep members coming back.
If you can't hear it before you see it, then it ain't a harley

JayBachatero

Ok what does me saying that I do not have time at the moment implies to you?  That I'm not interested in the mod or what?  Have you see all the mods available?
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Joshsux

Quote from: Jay The Code Monkey on August 03, 2006, 11:42:52 PM
Ok what does me saying that I do not have time at the moment implies to you?  That I'm not interested in the mod or what?  Have you see all the mods available?

and my reply consists of just you? sorry but the world doesn't revolve around you mate, i'm talking about all coders, you don't have to be blind to know there isn't many "exiting" mods around here...

And why is it that most coders are always "Busy"? is it just a ploy to think you have a life? i'm not talking about just SMF here i'm talking about any program any site anything with skinners / coders EVERY SINGLE PERSON who codes always says there too busy..

If thats the case what are they doing online or even coding in the first place!
If you can't hear it before you see it, then it ain't a harley

BAlGaInTl

I'm certainly not offended by a Mod developer saying they are busy.  I understand that my request is low demand at best.  It is definately useful, but not by the majority of SMF users.

Hopefully, as the major holidays approach, someone will see this and take an interest.

BAlGaInTl

BAlGaInTl

I am willing to pay for this...

antisa

Hello
I am very interested with this gift list MOD, did it exist ?
Thanks !!
Isa

Advertisement: