News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Torrent Tracker On SMF

Started by desistyle, July 23, 2006, 08:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakker

I would also like to see this feature.

In order to keep it from growing insanely out of hand it could be set to a basic form where for instance no automatic banning and things like that.

Personally I would love to see a basic tracker form in smf. For me it would be of hosting some large patch content and fan made material and nothing more. and the main thing would be to stop it from choking my hosting limits ;)

What I don't need is a large program that does it all like tbsource, but a basic index page would be enough with ability to set the permissions to certain groups.

bewley

Last summer, as I began working on my latest project, I derived this crazy notion of integrating a tracker into SMF as I had done so six months previous with IPB. After careful consideration, a six pack of beer, a look at the SMF code base and another six pack, I decided that instead of hooking into the forum architecture, say by modding the SMF files directly, I should simply bridge SMF with another tracker software and create a single registration process (ala Coppermine Gallery). The project has since grown to include direct posting of torrent announcements back to the forum, a credit system based on post counts, archiving deleted announcements to another message board, yada and etc. Although the tracker is not "integrated" into SMF, it only required a one line modification of SMF's SSI file, so it is extremely portable and I am able to upgrade SMF without jumping through hoops. 8)

The catch is that ~80% of the current code used to run my tracker is from the EzTorrent code base, and as far as I know, this is not readily public available and I certainly don't feel comfortable distributing the source. However, the next phase of my project is a complete top to bottom redesign of the tracker so that the code base is as close to 100% "mine" as possible, will have an administration interface and implement a "template" (term used loosely) system that is ompatible with the SMF style sheets (EzTorrent is very ugly by the way).

When will this happen? Hopefully I'll be testing by summer depending on how my spare time pans out. However, if you are interested in seeing what I have done, you may check out my site (link in profile). I am very liberal about guest access, so you should be able to see everything necessary without having to join the site. ;)
hxxp:www.mindwarppavilion.org/ezt/torrents-details.php?id=249 [nonactive]

Hurricane Katrina may have destroyed my home, but it didn't even leave a dent in my faith -- GEAUX SAINTS!

REALVOLTRON

Quote from: bewley on January 19, 2007, 02:30:16 AM
Last summer, as I began working on my latest project, I derived this crazy notion of integrating a tracker into SMF as I had done so six months previous with IPB. After careful consideration, a six pack of beer, a look at the SMF code base and another six pack, I decided that instead of hooking into the forum architecture, say by modding the SMF files directly, I should simply bridge SMF with another tracker software and create a single registration process (ala Coppermine Gallery). The project has since grown to include direct posting of torrent announcements back to the forum, a credit system based on post counts, archiving deleted announcements to another message board, yada and etc. Although the tracker is not "integrated" into SMF, it only required a one line modification of SMF's SSI file, so it is extremely portable and I am able to upgrade SMF without jumping through hoops. 8)

The catch is that ~80% of the current code used to run my tracker is from the EzTorrent code base, and as far as I know, this is not readily public available and I certainly don't feel comfortable distributing the source. However, the next phase of my project is a complete top to bottom redesign of the tracker so that the code base is as close to 100% "mine" as possible, will have an administration interface and implement a "template" (term used loosely) system that is ompatible with the SMF style sheets (EzTorrent is very ugly by the way).

When will this happen? Hopefully I'll be testing by summer depending on how my spare time pans out. However, if you are interested in seeing what I have done, you may check out my site (link in profile). I am very liberal about guest access, so you should be able to see everything necessary without having to join the site. ;)

I saw your work Bewley and is awesome!  The best of all; integrated with SMF.

I have a question for you; it is functional with TinyPortal too?  I'm asking this because many people (like me) have our portals with SMF + TP.

Thx in advance.

Minder

TorrentTrader is licensed under the GPL, so you are encouraged to modify it however you like.
hxxp:sourceforge.net/projects/torrenttrader [nonactive]
On the author's page you can also download v. 2.0RC1 (unavailable on hxxp:sf.net [nonactive]): hxxp:borget.info/?page_id=31 [nonactive] It's also GPL-licensed.

Aiman

its a very good idea, looking forward for it.

franklinrony

http://twitter.com/franklinrony

Entra y aprende a ser un webmaster
www.sv-blog.com
--Si pides ayuda al menos agradece el soporte recibido----

michaek

found this one hxxp:dttvb.yi.org/smf_tracker_project/index?board=1.0 [nonactive]

Thrasher86

Quote from: michaek on November 11, 2007, 02:39:43 AM
found this one hxxp:dttvb.yi.org/smf_tracker_project/index?board=1.0 [nonactive]

Links is dead  :( Any news?

karlbenson

SolidSnke

DtTvB is not being supported by him or anyone else anymore, I have it posted on my forums step by step. And also have it working in a test enviroment as well.

hxxp:chad-evans.com/smf/index.php?topic=6.0 [nonactive]

I also have on my hxxp:www.solidsnke.com [nonactive] site the Btit torrent tracker integrated into SMF. Now they have a version that is Btit with SMF forums in it, but I am working on making mine with the Tiny Portal front end on SMF and Btit as a addon. But it is still a work in progress.

Cheers

kurosaki00

anyone have an update for this?
specially for 1.1.6, 1.1.7  ????

djhowarth

Hi Guys, I Am A Member Of Torrent Trader And I Have Talked About SMFTT, And I Think It Is Possible, There Is A VBTT which is vbulletin and torrenttrader. I Have Started Work On This I Dont Knw How Long This Will Take But Hopefully I Will Have A Cateorgy On TT For SMFTT.

This Is A Image Of What Im Working On, Im Using SMF Frames And I Will Be Implenting Code Where Nessecesary. later on 2day i will be putting this on my server at www.madhous3.co.cc so u are welcome to come and join and if their are any serious coders that want to help ill be greatful thanks

Succubus Evaligan

I want a torrent tracker for 1.1.7
T_T
Yuri Goddess

madman71

I would guess that if you are on a shared hosting plan, your host would zap you for using too many resources. I bet it would not work for these people in the long run.

just a heads up.

HR

Quote from: Succubus Evaligan on December 16, 2008, 04:31:50 PM
I want a torrent tracker for 1.1.7
T_T

Got one..
Q. Does it work
A. Yes

Q. Is it very user friendly and feature rich
A. No it isnt feature rich

I can explain this as simply as possible.. If I do it & implement I guarantee it.
If I do it and you implement it its a crap shoot.

Smoky "Rider" Blue

[offtopic]

Harsh Reality, where is your avatar? hmm.. a g rated one?  :P
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

HR

Quote from: SmokyBlue on January 18, 2009, 03:52:27 AM
[offtopic]

Harsh Reality, where is your avatar? hmm.. a g rated one?  :P

G.. as in GAY. I had the hing for over a month and somebody must have gotten bored and reading things into it.. anyway back to topic.

I can explain this as simply as possible.. If I do it & implement I guarantee it.
If I do it and you implement it its a crap shoot.

djhowarth

if anyone is intrested in torrent trader 2.04 and smf 1.1.8 im selling the code for iframe of the forum inside the tracker works well

- login cookie on tracker logs smf in aswell
- logout cookie on tracker logs out of smf aswell
- regrestration on tracker inserts the user on the forum
- import script for people who have torrent trader that wnt 2 use smf as a forum

im selling this for $25 if anyones intrested then pm me and ill contact you through msn or something
thanks!

Smoky "Rider" Blue

this should be split from this topic..

the source code you have is open source and can be found.  ;)
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

djhowarth

yes torrent trader is found here and i am a member of there and done quite abit of coding if you register

http://www.torrenttrader.org

How ever the intregration Is Nothing To Do with Torrent trader its what i have worked on myself so if anyones intrested let me know

two pictures

and

Advertisement: