News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Forum Application Mod

Started by calord, July 24, 2006, 06:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

calord

I'm thinking of communities that use applications in order for members to join them, ie gaming guilds.

Is there a mod out, or would anyone be willing to come up with a mod that allows a custom application forum to be filled out and mailed to the PM of the approving authority on the board?

For example, we use an application forum where we pretty much just make up a format and have people fill it out accordingly.  But its inconsistent, hard to read and cluttery.

I know how to create a form, but I don't know how to get it mailed to the PM instead of a formal email address.

Any ideas?

Aquarian

Hi calord! I did something of this sort for my site hxxp:www.ilogix.org [nonactive]. I just used an form to mail script that is widely available on the net and linked to it from one of my posts. The script was customised such that after filling up the form, the default url is back again to the same post so that it creates an illusion that the user has never left the forum. You can have a look at hxxp:www.ilogix.org/smf/index.php?topic=7.msg11#msg11 [nonactive]

I hope that this helps.

Advertisement: