More Problems with Single Quotes

Started by ZJRT, July 27, 2006, 10:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZJRT

Hello again,

I posted here several weeks ago about a problem I am having with SMF and my web host's MySQL database settings. I attempted to modify the sqlquery function as someone suggested, but I am still having the same problem. To recap, here is my issue.

I'm running SMF version 1.0.7 on a Windows 2003 server with PHP5 and MySQL4.

My webhost, for whatever reason, has decided that it does not like single quotes going into its databases. So, it has added some sort of control that automatically escapes single quotes going into any database query. I cannot use php's ini_set function to get around this.

On the rest of my php pages, I have just used an str_replace("\", "", $string) to ignore the single slashes in the database.

I would like to use this same method of replacing the single slashes on SMF, but I must admit that I cannot figure out where I would implement that. I can't find where the subject line and post test are actually output.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

sawz

would it be possible for you to use a custom php.ini?
keep smiling, they'll always wonder what your up too.....

ZJRT

I do not have any control over my server's php.ini file, and I do not believe that that is the cause of my problem. I can use an ASP script to try and insert a single quote to the MySQL and it still escapes the thing.

If I did not already have a 2-year committment to this host, I would simply move, but since I do, I'm going to try to make do with what I have.

sawz

Quote from: ZJRT on July 28, 2006, 04:57:51 PM
I do not have any control over my server's php.ini file.

maybe you do but don't know about this?
keep smiling, they'll always wonder what your up too.....

Advertisement: