News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Disable members from hiding their online status

Started by ashlar, April 28, 2004, 02:36:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashlar

I've posted a request for this permission before somewhere... just wanted to know if and when it will be implemented.  Beta 5 is really improves the permission system BTW! ;D

Acf

we have got a nice search feature for that :P so that you can find you missing topics ;)
Sigh...

ashlar

I know..  Unknown mentioned that this feature was planned and I was hoping it would be included in Beta 5 but I guess not.  Just find it a bit annoying to see 10 visitors on my board and then having all of them invisible ;) I was thinking of giving the hide privilege to mods only.

dschwab9

I'd like to see this implemented as a permission also.  But, in the meantime, you could just remove the option from the profile template.

ashlar

dschwab9

Quote from: ashlar on April 29, 2004, 07:41:45 AM
How is this done?  Thanks in advance!

Find in themes/profile.template.php:
echo '
<tr>
<td width="40%"><b>', $txt['show_online'], '</b></td>
<td><input type="hidden" name="showOnline" value="0" /><input type="checkbox" name="showOnline"', $context['member']['show_online'] ? ' checked="checked"' : '', ' value="1" class="check" /></td>
</tr>';

And replace with:

if ($context['user']['is_admin'])
echo '
<tr>
<td width="40%"><b>', $txt['show_online'], '</b></td>
<td><input type="hidden" name="showOnline" value="0" /><input type="checkbox" name="showOnline"', $context['member']['show_online'] ? ' checked="checked"' : '', ' value="1" class="check" /></td>
</tr>';

That should only show that option to admins.  Untested, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Advertisement: