Ignore count of views from same IP and same user ID

Started by ivo2296, August 03, 2006, 03:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivo2296

Hello,

It would be nice to have an option which restricts counts of topic views from same IP and same user ID.
So when user clicks second or more times on same topic those clicks not to be counted as number of views.

Also will be nice if we have two options of counting views for topics:

1. Total views
2. Unique views ( info taken by IP and ID )

P.S. I was searching the forum for those options but i couldn't find anything about written above.

kamm

QuoteIt would be nice to have an option which restricts counts of topic views from same IP and same user ID.
So when user clicks second or more times on same topic those clicks not to be counted as number of views.

I would also like to see this...  :)

Cheers,
kamm...

Lyn

Count me in too. That would be a good feature to have.

desertrat_ps

Was this solved in 2.0?  And if so where are the settings.  Searched the forums but can't find anything

Illori

Kindred

It would be overwhelming to try to track this information...  So no, it was rejected
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

desertrat_ps

Ok, forget the IP address.  Currently a subject/thread shows replies/views.  However the views does not show a unique count.  It does not give a true picture of the number of unique visitors/viewers of a thread.  A good example would be 6 members visiting a thread 5 times each to see replies. that would be counted at 30 views.

Kindred

Absolutely.

Because the system uses a simple counter. Tracking unique hits would require storing those unique identifiers for each and every thread....   It would be insanely expensive, in terms of data size, very quickly.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: