UBB.Classic Converter (Prototype now available)

Started by Mike Bobbitt, April 29, 2004, 06:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winters

Thanks... I'd be happy if I could get them to use ... er, another modern php based forum even (if there is a converter), but would prefer SMF, of course...

[Unknown]

Quote from: Winters on September 28, 2004, 01:43:04 PM
Thanks... I'd be happy if I could get them to use ... er, another modern php based forum even (if there is a converter), but would prefer SMF, of course...

Are you sure it's exactly that version (6.2.1)?  Could you get me a database dump - even if just structure and no data?

-[Unknown]

Winters

That's what it says in the copyright footnote. Sadly, they have decided to upgrade with the company (forum hoster) they are with (and who, imho, have ripped them off).

If you still want it, I could ask them for the database, but I doubt that many other people still use that old version anyway.

gsbe

I am looking to convert Ultimate Bulletin Board 6.05 to SMF (embedded in Mambo). I will happily provide a database dump if you can help me. I'd really like to get away from this old board.

Gracias!

Mike Bobbitt

The converter is for UBB.Classic, which is the non-database version. I have no experience with the DB variant, sorry...

Feel free to use the script if the "import to SMF" portion helps though...

gsbe

Quote from: Mike Bobbitt on January 14, 2005, 07:36:00 AM
The converter is for UBB.Classic, which is the non-database version. I have no experience with the DB variant, sorry...

Feel free to use the script if the "import to SMF" portion helps though...
UBB 6.05 uses flat files, not a database.

Mike Bobbitt

Sorry, got distracted by the database dump comment... Does 6.05 have the importer/exporter? If so, you should be able to use the conversion script...

gsbe

Quote from: Mike Bobbitt on January 21, 2005, 08:05:36 AM
Sorry, got distracted by the database dump comment... Does 6.05 have the importer/exporter? If so, you should be able to use the conversion script...
Oh, sorry - I didn't mean database dump. Ugh...too many terms!

Where is the importer/exporter in UBB? I haen't seen one.

Mike Bobbitt

It should be in the CP. It's been so long I can't remember where exactly...

P.S. Sorry for the delay... my notifications were disabled somehow!

brnmllr

I am also interested in converting a UBB 6.05 board. There is not a export option that I can find.

Mike Bobbitt

Sorry, the prototype script is based on export output, so it won't be much help for versions without it. :(

gsbe

I looked into this a bit recently and it seems that upgrading old versions of UBB to UBB.classic isn't too difficult:

R_Willis

I presume there is still no converter for older versions of UBB classic that do not have an import/export option in the user cp panel?

Upgrading to a version with it, is not an option for me either....

I'm running 5.45c if it matters.

Thanks!

Sea Mac

I plan to try this.
your Import/Export function in UBB.Classic is at http//forums.root.folder/ubbcgi/cp.cgi?page=importexport In the control panel

Content Management:
Import/Export

The Import/Export tool allows you to export your data, and bring over data from other bulletin board products. 

Important Note: The import/export process may take up to three times your current disk space while it is working.  Please ensure you have enough space free before beginning. [/t][/t]
Do you wish to import data, or export data?

Export Data
   Import Data
[/q]
I have the script - Thank You!
I only have one question. What version of SMF 1.x was this written for?

[/td][/tr][/table]

Sea Mac

We gave the script a try ....

but it timed out ....
:'(

Well Annotated, but just won't work for larger forums. Now you know.

Oldiesmann

This script likely won't work that well anyway, as SMF has changed a lot since it was written. It *might* work with 1.1, but that's just a guess as I don't remember what all changed between 1.0 and 1.1.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Sea Mac

We have successfully upgraded to UBB.Threads 7 from UBB.Classic 6: so we don't care about this UBB.Classic to SMF converter any more.

We now care that the UBB.Threads Converter was written for SMF 1.0 and UBB.Threads 6.4 or 6.5 and won't work for SMF 2 and Any currently functioning Version of UBB.Threads.  We WILL be glad to donate a UBB.Threads 7.6 database Schema for you. We are interested in helping update the UBB.Threads converter. VERY Interested in fact,

We will be a SMF 2.0.2 forum as soon as we can: and we would like a little support getting there. We are quite willing to co-operate.

e

Advertisement: