Signature Option

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 04, 2006, 08:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natz

Hi ive recently reinstalled this mod (i uninstalled a while ago because it wasnt working) and when i tried to install it, it had a database error of duplicate file (Duplicate column name 'showSIG')  anyway i followed instructions from this thread http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=3015.60 and i was able to install the mod.

My problem is the mod still wont work, the box is there to be checked but when left unchecked it is still showing the signature. Can anyone help??

Thanks
Nat

vbgamer45

Added option to show Signature in quick reply which allows you to toggle the signature shown or not.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

VicViper

WHERE do I enable the show signature option by default? I can't find it anywhere.

vbgamer45

It's under Edit Features and Options -> Layout and Options  I think the last checkbox on that page
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

VicViper

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 16, 2006, 10:36:25 AM
It's under Edit Features and Options -> Layout and Options  I think the last checkbox on that page

There is no such option. And checking the installation instructions for the mod, the required template files for these options are not even being touched. Are you sure this mod is compatible with 1.1 RC3?

vbgamer45

Yes I am sure it is compitable since I run it on rc3. It does not need to touch templates files. It touches ModSettings.php in the sources folder.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Krysia

Just wondering... Any plans for an upgrade package?

vbgamer45

Upgrade for what? When SMF 1.1 comes up i will just adjust the install file.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Krysia

Upgrade from the previous installation...

I have to do it by hand, as the package install thing barked at me when I tried to install the new (1.1) version, and the uninstall barked at me when I tried to uninstall 1.0 so that I could install 1.1.

LOL.

vbgamer45

I thought I updated the mod on the modsite so it will not fail if the table has been altered already.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Krysia

QuoteError in Package Installation
At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.
When I try to uninstall it, or when I try to install the other.

So I guess it's a manual install for me. Darn.

Oh, well. At least I have the option. I absolutely LOVE this mod --- it's a lifesaver. :)

Laibeus Lord

If you want to put the "Signature Option" checkbox on the left side of the "Announce Topic" to make it look more organized, just counter-check your current installation with the code below.

Affected file:  Post.template.php (sample below is for Default Theme)

// Display the check boxes for all the standard options - if they are available to the user!
echo '
<tr>
<td></td>
<td>
<div id="postMoreOptions">
<table width="80%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0">
<tr>
<td class="smalltext">', $context['can_notify'] ? '<input type="hidden" name="notify" value="0" /><label for="check_notify"><input type="checkbox" name="notify" id="check_notify"' . ($context['notify'] || !empty($options['auto_notify']) ? ' checked="checked"' : '') . ' value="1" class="check" /> ' . $txt['smf14'] . '</label>' : '', '</td>
<td class="smalltext">', $context['can_lock'] ? '<input type="hidden" name="lock" value="0" /><label for="check_lock"><input type="checkbox" name="lock" id="check_lock"' . ($context['locked'] ? ' checked="checked"' : '') . ' value="1" class="check" /> ' . $txt['smf15'] . '</label>' : '', '</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="smalltext"><label for="check_back"><input type="checkbox" name="goback" id="check_back"' . ($context['back_to_topic'] || !empty($options['return_to_post']) ? ' checked="checked"' : '') . ' value="1" class="check" /> ' . $txt['back_to_topic'] . '</label></td>
<td class="smalltext">', $context['can_sticky'] ? '<input type="hidden" name="sticky" value="0" /><label for="check_sticky"><input type="checkbox" name="sticky" id="check_sticky"' . ($context['sticky'] ? ' checked="checked"' : '') . ' value="1" class="check" /> ' . $txt['sticky_after2'] . '</label>' : '', '</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="smalltext"><label for="check_smileys"><input type="checkbox" name="ns" id="check_smileys"', $context['use_smileys'] ? '' : ' checked="checked"', ' value="NS" class="check" /> ', $txt[277], '</label></td>', '
<td class="smalltext">', $context['can_move'] ? '<input type="hidden" name="move" value="0" /><label for="check_move"><input type="checkbox" name="move" id="check_move" value="1" class="check" /> ' . $txt['move_after2'] . '</label>' : '', '</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<!--- Signature Option --->
<td class="smalltext"><label for="check_sig"><input type="checkbox" name="showsig" id="check_sig"' . (!empty($modSettings['sig_topic']) ? ' checked="checked"' : '') . ' value="1" class="check" /> ' . $txt['show_sig'] . '</label></td>
<!--- Signature Option --->
', $context['can_announce'] && $context['is_first_post'] ? '
<td class="smalltext"><label for="check_announce"><input type="checkbox" name="announce_topic" id="check_announce" value="1" class="check" /> ' . $txt['announce_topic'] . '</label></td>
' : '', '
</tr>
</table>
</div>
</td>
</tr>';

Krysia

Have I mentioned lately how much I love this mod?

IMO, it's essential, and should be incorporated into SMF by default.

:)

Tick

I installed this mod and cannot get it to show up.   Is there something I need to do to make it show up? I am using 1.1.1  with the YaBB SE theme.  Please help

vbgamer45

If you are not using the default them then you will need to install the mod manually.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Tick

Please excuse my ignorance but how do you do that.  all of the mods i have installed I have not had to do that

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Tick

It shows up now but when I uncheck it it still shows my signature? I Have looked over everything  but can not figure this out.  Help

Tick

vbgamer45

Make sure you did all the mod changes when it was installed.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: