News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

PM mod

Started by ryanbsoftware, August 05, 2006, 07:14:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryanbsoftware

I want a hack that trusted high-level staff (ones i give the permission to) could use for investigating PM abuse reports, so i don't have to give them db details, i know that sound wierd, that i trust them with pm viewing but not db details, but i am overprotective of my db, what can i say. And i would require them to make a inqury to agree to pm viewing terms, ect which are settable by me, and have them be able to view PM's that meets 1 or more of the following criteria.

PM's sent to user x
PM's sent by user y
PM's with the phrase a in the title
PM's with the phrase c in the body
PM's sent between r and t

where x and y are user id's they specify, a and c are phrases they want to look for, and r and t are for a time period of being sent, as well as any other search criteria you can think of, and they can specify 1 or more of the criteria for the search and view the results. But also require them to type in a reason for the inqury and record inqury details, ie who made it, reason give, criteria searched which i could have access to, to prevent abuse. Also this would ideally go with a report to staff function for PM's that writes report details to a db and shows it to ALL staff, via a cp, maybe even update the report to mod feature for posts to use the same report system.  But here is the thing, i don't want them system to accessable at say forum.mysite.com/index.php?act=pminqury but rather pm_mod.php?act=whatever so i can rename pm_mod.php to whatever i want/need to and can store it within a special staff cp i am building as for the reporting features they can be included in the same or a difffrent php file, also i just need it to be a basic file, no special formatting, white background, black text, i will copy the code from the php file into my site template where i want it displayed.

Would anyone be willing to do this mod?  I could pay for it, not too much though.

Advertisement: