News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

guests posting in polls?

Started by nave, April 30, 2004, 12:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nave

i get a high number of guests and i'd like to have a poll asking them how they found us. how can i allow guests to vote in polls in only that one guest board i have?

for global permissions guests are 'blank' for polls.. and for local to that board they are allowed to view and reply to polls.. but its not working. they can view it but there is no way to reply to the poll, only the post

Oldiesmann

Unfortunately, the only way you can do that is to have a "how'd you find us" topic and then manually update the vote values accordingly. Even though there's a permission to allow guests to vote in polls, there's no easy way of keeping track of the votes fairly, so they can't do it.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

nave

ugh.. ok thanks. (should take the option out of permissions)

Oldiesmann

I agree. Still haven't figured out why it's there.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

nave

to give people who are bored something to do.

[Unknown]

Quote from: Oldiesmann on April 30, 2004, 02:12:46 PM
I agree. Still haven't figured out why it's there.

Because it's beta.  If you want to complain, be my guest and take it out for just guests, and keep the section highly moddable.  I'm waiting.

-[Unknown]

Oldiesmann

Who's complaining? That was just thinking out loud basically. I wasn't trying to complain at all.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

nave

i dont know about anyone but i was just making a suggestion that if its not used it could be taken out as a feature.

Oldiesmann

We've already got two or three active threads about this feature. Please don't respond to really old posts just to reiterate something you said elsewhere.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

[Unknown]

This functionality works perfectly well, as intended.  I'm sorry you do not feel it matches exactly what you want it to do, but I'm afraid that it simply is a fact that not every single person can be pleased.  And, of course arguably, I would deem it, if guests could vote by something as flimsy as cookies, as "not working".

Guest voting is not currently something we're interested in implementing.  You may be able to get someone to make a custom modification for this, or write one yourself.

Please do not bump topics from April just to try to annoy the support team.  It will not help you in the slightest.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: