News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Attachment MOD for PM's request. [Paid or Free]

Started by Gargoyle, August 07, 2006, 09:35:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gargoyle

I know that this subject had been brought up before and I have searched the forum for the possibility that this MOD has been made but to no avail.

What I am requesting.

• Ability to attach files to Pm's in the same way you can posts.
  • PM attachment ability MUST be controlled by membergroups for security reasons.

In laymans terms I would like to allow one specific member group to be able to attach files in their Pm's. This way not anyone is allowed to attach files to Pm's on my board(s) thus greatly reducing if not removing altogether the chance of the feature being abused.

I am more than willing to help create this MOD as I have tried to do it myself twice but could not get it to function correctly.

Thanks for your time. ;D

vbgamer45

I think it could be done. Doesn't sound too hard since SMF already has all the attachement functions built in.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Gargoyle

Would you be interested in doing this mod or helping me do this ??

winrules

If nobodys done it by the time RC3 comes out and I finish converting all my mods to work with it, I might give it a try. But if someone else wants to do it feel free.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

Gargoyle

melwinnie

rois

count me also in!

Was just about to open a new thread for asking this functionality.

It is a very useful feature,and perhaps it gets finaly implemented by the DEV Team,with admin control of course! ;)

Or some user makes a mod.

Advertisement: