News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Hidden boards in public section

Started by Massyboy, August 08, 2006, 11:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Massyboy

Hi,

I could do with a whole board that is not to the public but that can be accessed without having to login.

Basically, I have a section on my forum for my clan where I have the details of new trial members and it would be useful to be able to have access to this without the need to login but I don't want the viewing public to be able to see it.  When you are logged in however, being able to see it would then be permitted.  I need this so my members can check who new trial members are within Counter Strike Source (without having to close the game) but viewing through the game browser doesn't store the cookies needed to login and so you have to login to view it.  If I could have a direct link to this hidden board then the members could view this board without the need to login but the public wouldn't be able to go there unless they used that specific URL

Anyone willing to do this would be greatly appreciated

I am using 1.1RC2

Thanks

jkrlvgn

What I would do in that situation is create a board forum, then a child forum.  The parent set to hide from guests, and the child set to not hide from guests..

Then again, I don't do this all that often, but.....give it a shot.

Advertisement: