News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Multiple display names for single account

Started by Kaylan, August 12, 2006, 05:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaylan

Hi, I've been trying to find something like this and haven't had any luck, so if I'm just using the wrong search or something, please point me in the right direction.

Years ago, on a RP forum I was a member of, there was a dropdown menu for multiple display names. You only had one login, but when you posted you could choose which of your display names to use; so in the case of RP sites, which character name you were posting under.

I just wondered whether anything like that is even remotely possible - I thought it was a great feature, but I don't have the knowledge to even be able to start.

Cheers,

Kaylan

Kaylan

I have looked at this mod but I'm having trouble installing it so I wasn't sure whether it was what I was looking for. Thanks for the reply - if the mod does what I'm looking for, I'll concentrate on sorting out the install issue.

Thanks again :)

Kaylan

Hi, thank you both for the suggestions.

What I'm looking for is a way to actually post under several different display names while logging into a single account. Unless I'm missing something (and it is entirely possible), both of those mods are only a way to display extra names within the profile.

Any ideas?

Assistance

ok I understand what your saying now

but no, sorry
~playing poker~

Advertisement: