News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Paid Subscriptions

Started by Grudge, August 12, 2006, 06:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtlasShrugging

Dang. With v0.13 I get:

Datebase error:
Duplicate column name 'allowPartial'
File: ../smf/Packages/temp/paidsubsdb.php
Line: 96

Ok so I'm still getting an error, but I really want to thank Matt & Jay for your support!

When someone has a moment, would you please point me in the right direction? Thanks!

EDIT: Resolved with v0.14.
Can help edit & translate FROM Spanish, Italian & German TO English. And English <--> French.

JayBachatero

Grudge updated the package ealier today.  Download that package and see if that works.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

AtlasShrugging

You're quick!

I just did & it installed perfectly with no errors! Hoorah! Thank youuuuu.

Now off to play with it  :D
Can help edit & translate FROM Spanish, Italian & German TO English. And English <--> French.

steve in houston

cool.  the new version loads and runs fine.

i did a test with a subscription of 1 day and the ending date
showed it being Dec 31 1969.   :-\

edit:  i just tested it with a year too, same result

JayBachatero

If Grudge doesn't get to look into it by tom I'll look into it.  I saw it happen on a site that I admin.
Follow me on Twitter

MoreBloodWine

Instaled fine no erros (just need to mod my custom theme files so it works with my custom theme) anyway I'm testing it out now but am confused by something... When setting up subscriptions I see this...

Email to Send upon Completion:
Where {NAME} is members name; {FORUM} is community name. Email subject should be on first line. Blank for no email notification.

Maybe I'm jusr being dumb but is this telling me how to set it up bec if so I'm just not following it with the whole {name} & {forum} things... So can someone please show me how this should be set up with sample text etc... Thx.

Edit : Has anyone looked into this bec after reading all 10 pages of this post "literally" i never once saw a reply to it... and lord knows none of us want it happening hehe. I'm just curious bec I use paypal for my ebay stuff and the las thing I want is error emails out the wazu... sure I could make a 2nd paypal account specifically for subs but dont want to if I dont have to hehe...
Quote from: maverickfl on September 11, 2006, 02:20:29 AM
one big problem with this mod is.. if you use your paypal account to recieve payments from elsewhere (otehr than jsut subscriptions), paypal will still use the ipn file... creating the error email saying "Unknown transaction type in ipn.php" since it doesn't have all the info required to continue (change membergroup, etc..)
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

MoreBloodWine

SMF 1.1 RC3 - TP 0.9.5

I just noticed this when playing around with my test account and my secondary paypal account...

Ok on the test name this is what the Paid / Current subs look like... wth is up with 1969 and the wrong time format for the ending dates as wel as the month being Dec. 31st lol... the starting times are right...

Also on the admin side of things it looks like this... why would it be pending if the payments were made... "it could be bec I didnt accept them on the paypal end"... meaning I had / have the option to accept / deny payments... not sure on that though without further testing...

Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Jim R

Pardon my tone, but I've had a great deal of problems with mods since upgrading to 1.1 rc3.

I have a test account for my SMF and PayPal.  I've subscribed twice to one of my subscriptions, and it still has yet to put my account into a Membergroup.

I get a confirmation email and this response upon successfully subscribing through PayPal:

QuotePayment Complete
Thank you for your payment. Once the transaction has been verified the subscription will be activated.

Jim R

And as someone suggests to upload the version .14, I tried, but my Package Manager won't install it.

I wasn't having any problems until I upgraded to 1.1 rc3, and everytime I think I get it all patched up something else goes wrong.   :(

JayBachatero

If I have time over the weekend I'll look into it.
Follow me on Twitter

Jim R

I'm hoping to get this bad boy back up and running quickly.  I already have a lot of time and some clients on it.  :)

MoreBloodWine

My site isnt even "live" yet so myissues arent to bad lol... but hey whenever someone gets the time o "look" into it is fine with me... just so long as the whole 1969 etc thing can be fixed hehe... **points back to his post on the last page with the pictures ;-P

Jim R

OK...finally got .14 installed.  It's not adding anyone to Membergroups, but it is charging them.  As I check my Paid Subscriptions through my Admin panel, it does show them as subscribers.

When installed as a normal user, I see the following when I check my Subscriptions:

Existing Subscriptions

Below is a list of all your current and previous subscriptions. To extend an existing subscription simply select it from the list above.

Name    Status    Start Date    End Date
test    Finished    October 26, 2006, 02:39:46 PM    December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM

JayBachatero

Maybe the date issue is related to not adding to the membergroups.
Follow me on Twitter

Jim R

The other thing too is, as someone else noted, it shows the user as still having his payment pending.

JayBachatero

It all seems related to the date issue.
Follow me on Twitter

digit

I'm getting the same problem, users accounts are not being upgraded, and new subscribers are listed as payment pending.

This might be related...

As an admin, if I look in a subscribed user's profile, and click on Paid Subscriptions, then I click on a subscription link, I pull up a form that - is supposed to anyway I would think...  allow me to edit that subscribers subscription info.  That form doesn't work at all for me.  In order to edit ANY subscription, I need to go into the admin panel, click on Paid Subscriptions, find an account, and click on [edit].  I can not adjust a subscription through the profile "Paid Subscriptions" link.

I am running a heavily modified forum, so it's possible my issues are my fault - but it seems others here are having the same problems...

Any help would be most appreciated.
Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

JayBachatero

Is the date issue happening when a user gets a subscription or an admin adds one?
Follow me on Twitter

MoreBloodWine

I'm just hoping whenever aka gets the time that he can fix whats wrong and upload a new ver.

JayBachatero

Huh???.  That doesn't really help. ::).  Once again is the error when a users registers or what?
Follow me on Twitter

Advertisement: