News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

PHP Lesson 01 - installing a server

Started by Parham, August 25, 2003, 03:50:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voldemort

ORGASMUS

hmmmmm...where I can set my db password and username???

xenovanis

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

kadhumia_flo

Quote from: ORGASMUS on April 30, 2007, 02:22:33 AM
hmmmmm...where I can set my db password and username???
If you want to use xampp as your public web server, then don't. xampp is good as a testing environment.

WillyP

Thanks for writing the tutorial, I just installed easyphp. The script, phpinfo, did not work but I determined that easyphp installs by default short tag=off, so '<?' should be changed to '<?php'.

pyrman

none of the links in this post for a server opens to a good page they may be outdated does anyone have a current link

Thx

cuteXD

okay it says in the first post:
You will all need to download and install the file located at:
hxxp:www.easyphp.org/telechargements/dn.php?F=easyphp1-6.php3 [nonactive]

i clicked the link but it was an invalid address and no its not my computer it tried to re-direct me to the home page of php. but that didnt help

i want to do what it says in the tutorial!!! i really want to follow all of the instructions but there needs to be a valid link! if anyone can help me I WILL LOVE U!!!

NEED RESPONSE ASAP!

cuteXD

okay thank you i tried the new link and downloaded easyPHP from the red page i installed it in english then when it tried to start up by itself a message came up:

this application has failed to start because LIEMYSQL.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

does setup and install mean the same thing? i just re-downloaded it from the red page.. was that the right thing to do. or was the error created from something else?

cuteXD

ok now i have a new problem! the red dot in the system tray wasnt blinking, right clicked restart but nothing happened.
my SQL cannot be started because of error or something apache is started but sql is not.

this is what came up

InnoDB: The first specified data file .\ibdata1 did not exist:
InnoDB: a new database to be created!
080716 18:33:06  InnoDB: Setting file .\ibdata1 size to 10 MB
InnoDB: Database physically writes the file full: wait...
080716 18:33:08  InnoDB: Log file .\ib_logfile0 did not exist: new to be created
InnoDB: Setting log file .\ib_logfile0 size to 5 MB
080716 18:33:09  InnoDB: Log file .\ib_logfile1 did not exist: new to be created
InnoDB: Setting log file .\ib_logfile1 size to 5 MB
InnoDB: Doublewrite buffer not found: creating new
InnoDB: Doublewrite buffer created
InnoDB: Creating foreign key constraint system tables
InnoDB: Foreign key constraint system tables created
080716 18:33:14  InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 0
080716 18:33:14 [Note] C:\PROGRA~1\EASYPH~1.0B1\MySql\bin\mysqld.exe: ready for connections.
Version: '5.0.27-community-log'  socket: ''  port: 3306  MySQL Community Edition (GPL)
080716 18:44:51 [Note] C:\PROGRA~1\EASYPH~1.0B1\MySql\bin\mysqld.exe: Normal shutdown

080716 18:44:51  InnoDB: Starting shutdown...
080716 18:44:53  InnoDB: Shutdown completed; log sequence number 0 43655
080716 18:44:53 [Note] C:\PROGRA~1\EASYPH~1.0B1\MySql\bin\mysqld.exe: Shutdown complete

if u could please tell me how to get my server up and running from this state that would be soo much appreaciated, or else i might just have to uninstall i really dont want to! it seems as thought 'my easy PHP' is supposed ot be easy. but its nothing but a bag of troubles at the moment. im a pretty smart girl and its even difficult for me, so i dont know why its called easy PHP its not even working. helpp me please!!!!!  :'(

ive spent 2 days on this and thats where im only up to! SURELY it doesnt take that long does it?

in await of your response!

Advertisement: