Warning or Infraction Mod?

Started by greatestmj, August 20, 2006, 01:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatestmj

I could not find any nice warning system.
At default, there isn't any. Only "Visual Warning" was found.
I didn't like it.
I saw 2 warning systems, 1 at IPB and other at VBulletin.

They looked kind of more professional.
If someone can make it, it would be nice.

Let me describe it.

1st type of warning system

Here, each user can see his/her warning level at the left side of each of his post (where post count etc is given) or in profile too,
Mods, admins can warn anyone who has misbehaved or for any reason, depends on the admin's functions that whom he allows to warn someone.
Warning can be increased or decreased by clicking the +  or - button, and whenever increasing or decreasing, a page comes where we will write a reason for warn (a WARN PANEL) and should the user be informed via PM, then what to write in PM.
It can be measured in % or in points

2nd Type of Warning System (This one is damn good)

This was infraction system of VB. I soo loved it, I saw this when I was browsing the demo of VB.
Here, Moderators have the power to issue warnings to any member for any reason specified.
Here, each infraction (warning) contains some points which a mod can decide depending on the crime/misbehaving the respective user has done.
The admin will make some premade pointing levels like
Spamming --> 2 points
Attacking --> 3 points
xxxxxxx --> 1 points

And Admins can make infraction levels (permissions or something like membergroups) like if the user has attained 5 points, he will be denied some permissions etc.

And the warnings will be set to expire at respective date.... when the warn will be issued.

And set a number of points, at which points when attained, the user will be banned automatically.

The Trade Point Forums [nofollow] : - Advertise Your Websites, Services, Sell your Websites, Domains and other Marketing stuff all for FREE

Bigguy

I like both ideas, the second one better. The only thing I don`t like in the vb warning system is once the warning is placed there is no way to take it off. So if the warning was a mistake or worked out in some way the warning would still be on the users profile.

SusanTN

Quote from: greatestmj on August 20, 2006, 01:31:45 AM
I could not find any nice warning system.
At default, there isn't any. Only "Visual Warning" was found.
I didn't like it.
I saw 2 warning systems, 1 at IPB and other at VBulletin.

They looked kind of more professional.
If someone can make it, it would be nice.

Let me describe it.

1st type of warning system

Here, each user can see his/her warning level at the left side of each of his post (where post count etc is given) or in profile too,
Mods, admins can warn anyone who has misbehaved or for any reason, depends on the admin's functions that whom he allows to warn someone.
Warning can be increased or decreased by clicking the +  or - button, and whenever increasing or decreasing, a page comes where we will write a reason for warn (a WARN PANEL) and should the user be informed via PM, then what to write in PM.
It can be measured in % or in points

2nd Type of Warning System (This one is damn good)

This was infraction system of VB. I soo loved it, I saw this when I was browsing the demo of VB.
Here, Moderators have the power to issue warnings to any member for any reason specified.
Here, each infraction (warning) contains some points which a mod can decide depending on the crime/misbehaving the respective user has done.
The admin will make some premade pointing levels like
Spamming --> 2 points
Attacking --> 3 points
xxxxxxx --> 1 points

And Admins can make infraction levels (permissions or something like membergroups) like if the user has attained 5 points, he will be denied some permissions etc.

And the warnings will be set to expire at respective date.... when the warn will be issued.

And set a number of points, at which points when attained, the user will be banned automatically.

While it doesn't appear on their posts, I use groups like no_post, no_pm, no_pics, ... Works perfectly well for me. As for the rest you can use karma to track who's been in trouble. If you are running a forum and do not have a moderator report forum then you need one. It's really handy to be able to search a forum and see any issues you have had with a user.

Harzem

For your information, I'm working on a "better-than-vBulletin" infraction system.
(just seen this topic here, sorry for late posting)

Advertisement: