News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

vReportBoard Mod

Started by Valodim, August 21, 2006, 07:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

Quote from: coldy316 on April 13, 2011, 11:23:27 AM
will this mod ever be updated for the new forum software like smf 2.0 RC3 , RC4, RC5....

Well, let's see... author: Last Active: April 24, 2010, 03:16:32 PM, plus the fact that there's a moderation center in 2.0 that sort of removes the need for this... so, I'd guess the answer is no.

HunterP

Quote from: Arantor on April 13, 2011, 11:56:13 AM
plus the fact that there's a moderation center in 2.0 that sort of removes the need for this...

I totally disagree. I've used this mod for a while in SMF 1.1.x and when migrated to SMF 2.0 I was forced to use the built-in reporting function. This really is like 20 steps back compared to topics which are much easier. Related postings can be moved to that reported topic, which happened often on my board. Much easier to see all reported topics as a list, 10 times easier to see when a team member replied on a report (in fact not easier, in the built-in it's impossible to see, unless one accesses the moderaton centre).

Ok, the built-in option is better than the emails in 1.1.x but can in no way be compared with this modification.

Arantor

I said 'sort of'! I'm well aware that many people do not like what's in 2.0. I'm also aware that it's a major reason why no-one's bothering to update this mod.

(I'm also aware that it's not an issue for me on several of my sites because I use SimpleDesk on those, and wrote a plugin to import it into there instead...)

Joker™

Sorry to interrupt but current we have a topic going on this, might be  of your interest HunterP. Topic Link
Github Profile
Android apps
Medium

How to enable Post Moderation

"For the wise man looks into space and he knows there is no limited dimensions." - Laozi

All support seeking PM's get microwaved

NanoSector

Quote from: Arantor on April 13, 2011, 01:20:10 PM
I'm well aware that many people do not like what's in 2.0.
Eh? :o
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

Cal O'Shaw

I've worked with the RCs and I'm not in any hurry to inflict all those changes on my mods and members.

Sorry for going OT.  Will be quiet now.  ::)

Cal

HunterP

Quote from: Joker™ on April 13, 2011, 02:08:41 PM
Sorry to interrupt but current we have a topic going on this, might be  of your interest HunterP. Topic Link

sharks

This mod seems to have been forgotten... *sigh*

When installing, i get this error:

19.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Errors.turkish.php    Test failed

Can someone please help to fix this? Maybe update the package file so others won't face the same problem.

littlenicki

Hello,

I waned to install this mod but unfortunately the code in my display.php differs. Could someone please kindly give me a hand at this?

Thank you,

Nicole

<search position="replace"><![CDATA[

ID_MSG, icon, subject, posterTime, posterIP, ID_MEMBER, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, smileysEnabled, posterName, posterEmail,
ID_MSG_MODIFIED < $topicinfo[new_from] AS isRead
FROM {$db_prefix}messages
WHERE ID_MSG IN (" . implode(',', $messages) . ")
ORDER BY ID_MSG" . (empty($options['view_newest_first']) ? '' : ' DESC'), __FILE__, __LINE__);

]]>
</search>

<add>
<![CDATA[

m.ID_MSG, m.icon, m.subject, m.posterTime, m.posterIP, m.ID_MEMBER, m.modifiedTime, m.modifiedName, m.body, m.smileysEnabled, m.posterName, m.posterEmail, m.ID_MSG_MODIFIED < $topicinfo[new_from] AS isRead,
IFNULL(lr.ID_TOPIC, 0) as reporttopic, IFNULL(lr.solved, -1) as reportsolved
FROM {$db_prefix}messages as m
                LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}log_reports as lr ON (lr.ID_MSG = m.ID_MSG)
               WHERE m.ID_MSG IN (" . implode(',', $messages) . ")
ORDER BY m.ID_MSG" . (empty($options['view_newest_first']) ? '' : ' DESC'), __FILE__, __LINE__);

]]>
</add>

My code is hower:

ID_MSG, icon, subject, posterTime, posterIP, m.ID_MEMBER, modifiedTime, modifiedName, body, showSIG, edit_reason, post_hidden, hidden_reason, hidden_by, hmd.realName,
smileysEnabled, posterName, posterEmail,
                ID_MSG_MODIFIED < $topicinfo[new_from] AS isRead
FROM {$db_prefix}messages m
LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}members AS hmd ON (hmd.ID_MEMBER = hidden_by)

WHERE ID_MSG IN (" . implode(',', $messages) . ")
ORDER BY ID_MSG" . (empty($options['view_newest_first']) ? '' : ' DESC'), __FILE__, __LINE__);

Fomer SMF user. Switched to Invision Power Board and VBulletin

sharks

It would be great if someone took over this mod and fix all its bugs as well as making it work for SMF 2. This would have been the final push i need to convert all my SMF 1.1 forums to SMF 2. :(

hcfwesker

Quote from: sharks on December 06, 2011, 05:51:01 AMas well as making it work for SMF 2. This would have been the final push i need to convert all my SMF 1.1 forums to SMF 2. :(

Have you seen this?  http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3011

sharks

Thanks for the hint, hcfwesker. It seems promising. :)

hcfwesker

It does exactly what this MOD used to do, with even more features to chose from.

sharks

I can't install this mod on SMF 1.1.16 :(

An Error Has Occurred!
The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.

hcfwesker

Quote from: sharks on February 03, 2012, 08:24:20 AM
I can't install this mod on SMF 1.1.16 :(

An Error Has Occurred!
The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.

thats because the latest version of SMF 1.x it was  updated for was 1.1.7 , try emulation in package manager.  Though most likely going to require manual edits, or even edit changes

sharks

Hi hcfwesker

But the same mod installed perfectly fine on SMF 1.1.15. OK, i will try the emulation mode. :)

hcfwesker

the latest version it parse's for me is 1.1.7 , indicating it has to be installed on that version.  Now, if you know how to unzip packages and edit the package-info file and change 1.1.7 to 1.1.16 , and rezip, then it'll install fine on 1.1.16, I'm assuming.

NanoSector

Hi Sharks, has the suggestion helped?

As I don't think it will help, considering SMF doesn't even upload the package (which it should).
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

hhy89

for 2.0.2 and 2.0.x  ;)
Seo4Smf 2.0 - Full Top10 Stats(full top10) - Aligned and Bilateral Child Boards(2li 3lü alt bölümler)
http://www.smfmod.com
http://destek.smfmod.com

sharks

Quote from: Yoshi2889 on February 04, 2012, 10:17:38 AM
Hi Sharks, has the suggestion helped?

As I don't think it will help, considering SMF doesn't even upload the package (which it should).
Sorry for the late reply! I have been very busy off-line. I used emulator mode first, and then uploaded the package. It's a sloppy way of doing things but hey, it worked. :) Although i'm not so lucky with most of the other outdated/abandoned mods. Since my last support request here, i stopped messing around with my SMF 1.1.16 forums as i didn't want to take the risk of anything breaking and disabling my community.

Advertisement: