Regbar Warning

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 22, 2006, 06:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Siirist

luuuciano,

I manually un-installed the mod after it was determined it wouldn't work for me.

I am looking at other possibilities because the text was too dark to read.

Thank you for your attention,
Cloud  8)
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

luuuciano

No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Siirist

luuuciano,

Thank you. :)
That is a good one.
It fades away after a while and the guests can click it off.
If a forum wants one that is annoying they can use one that never goes away.
Guests' Cursor
Thanks again as we are going to use the one you showed us.  ;)
Be Well,
Cloud  8)
Needed information:
- What's your SMF version?, What MODs are installed? What Theme(s) are you using? Have you backed up your database?

--> At least 50% of the questions asked are answered in the Online Manual <--
Mods for ver 1.x will NOT run on ver 2.x

Shadow Queen

This mod don't work on the theme I am using on my forum.

Any clue how I am going to get this mod work on the theme I am using?

vbgamer45

You would need to copy the theme edits that were made to index.template.php to your themes index.template.php
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Shadow Queen

It's ok, I understand the mod. I found a better mod then this one.

Thank's again!

MrMike

I installed this and just wanted to mention that I had to do a *lot* of fiddling with the regbar2 CSS to get it looking normal. It also needed to have the warning.gif image and the CSS file moved to the correct theme directory.

vbgamer45

Quote from: MrMike on May 02, 2012, 09:43:32 PM
I installed this and just wanted to mention that I had to do a *lot* of fiddling with the regbar2 CSS to get it looking normal. It also needed to have the warning.gif image and the CSS file moved to the correct theme directory.
For what SMF version?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MrMike

I'm running the latest, 2.0.2. You can see it here: atheistroundtable.com

There was a fair bit of CSS that didn't seem to work correctly; I edited it down a little to make things simpler. But when it was installed it definitely didn't work.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on May 03, 2012, 04:18:30 PM
Quote from: MrMike on May 02, 2012, 09:43:32 PM
For what SMF version?

MrMike

I like this one too.....I assume it could be modded so as to be full-width across the screen with a different color scheme?

Quote from: luuuciano on August 29, 2011, 02:17:08 PM
Here you have another kind of register message, http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3107
Maybe you like that way

vbgamer45

I will have one of my helpers check out this mod as well.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Matthew K.

I'll look into this shortly, if anything is broken I will release a patch asap :)

Matthew K.

Preview of the new version attached :)

Matthew K.

Regbar Warning 1.0.3 Released!
Quote from: Changelog
v1.0.3 (r5.14.12):

• Complete rewrite for both SMF 1.1.x and SMF 2.0.x.
  • New Icon.
  • Larger ?action support (doesn't load on login, register, xml, etc).
  • Improved MVC - Making it easier to use on other themes.

Click here to go check it out!

vbgamer45

Modify themes/default/languages/modifications.english.php

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

PersianDeveloper

thanks
and could this modification make any problems while uninstalling the package?

it is SMF 2.0.2

Arantor

Yup, it won't let you uninstall it properly and you'll have to manually edit it to be able to uninstall it later.

Matthew K.

Actually, I do believe that text strings are stored in a separate file. Which would be relative to the modification name. ./Themes/default/languages/smf-hacks/regbar-warning.english.php. Modifying that file will still allow you to uninstall the modification without issues.

cswatt67uk1

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 23, 2010, 09:43:50 AM
You would need to edit the index.template.php file and find the url of the reg bar and point it to that page.

Hi Guys

I was trying to set the link in the reg bar to point at a different URL , instead of the register link .. found some posts in this thread regarding how to do this .. BUT   It just says edit the index.template .php file .. I have found the code that needs to be edited but do not know what to do ..
if($context['user']['is_guest'] && $context['current_action'] != 'register')
         echo '<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><div id="infobar"><a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=register"><p>' . $txt['regbar_text'] . '</p></a></div></td></tr></table>';

Can someone who is in the know , tell me what I need to edit .. ? and the code involved in setting a New Link instead of the Register action .

I am not very good with php or coding

Cheers in Advance

;)

Advertisement: