News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Profile Comments

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 24, 2006, 11:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Little15

Here is how you can make it for buddies only

Profile.template.php
Find:

echo '<tr><td colspan="2" class="catbg"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=comment;sa=add;u=' . $context['member']['id']  . '">Add Comment</a></td></tr>';

Replace

if ($context['member']['is_buddy'] || $context['user']['is_owner'])
{
echo '<tr><td colspan="2" class="catbg"><a href="', $scripturl, '?action=comment;sa=add;u=' . $context['member']['id']  . '">Add Comment</a></td></tr>';
}

Find:

if($comment_count != 0)

Replace

if($context['member']['is_buddy'] &&  $comment_count != 0 || $context['user']['is_owner'] && $comment_count != 0)
{
}

chinclub

Is there any way to modify it so that it would send an email or a PM to the person whos profile got the comment or is that too much of a modification for me to do by just adding a bit of code?

vbgamer45

I think it would be possible to pm the user that they have a new comment.
I would perfer to have that the feature as an option
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

kb6

Thank you for this excellent mod, please allow me to suggest a feature enhancement.

How about a private comment feature, where only the person who posted the commentsee it, no one else can see it even the person who received the comment. Think of it as means of keeping tabs on everyone within the community.

To sum up and extend on some of the features already suggested, the following comment types might be available:

Public comments: Everyone can see
Private comments: Only poster can see
Buddy/Group comments: Only buddies or group can see (if person who was commented on is not part of group, then he can't see it)

A title or icon can distinguish the comment types.

Little15

Quote from: kb6 on September 04, 2006, 02:17:15 PM
Thank you for this excellent mod, please allow me to suggest a feature enhancement.

How about a private comment feature, where only the person who posted the commentsee it, no one else can see it even the person who received the comment. Think of it as means of keeping tabs on everyone within the community.

To sum up and extend on some of the features already suggested, the following comment types might be available:

Public comments: Everyone can see
Private comments: Only poster can see
Buddy/Group comments: Only buddies or group can see (if person who was commented on is not part of group, then he can't see it)

A title or icon can distinguish the comment types.

The different types of comments are pretty easy to do, the only problem with buddies though is that for anyone to see the comments they just have to click on add to buddies. Though I guess if users had the ability to switch off that and they could only add buddies that would be one way to go.

Skipdawg

So the comments add to the profile page there and don't go to a separate page? I am asking for I don't really want to flood my profile pages to much.  ;)
Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

gianni77

how to install manually, cause i can't use the packagemanager in de admin section!

thanks!

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

gianni77

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 17, 2006, 05:03:43 PM
Read over
http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=402

Hi,

I know how to install mods manually (edit the files according to comments.xml), but what to do with ProfileCommentInstall.php?

and should i copy the ProfileComments.php to the sourcedir.
and the ProfileComments.template.php to the themedir.

sorry, dont' know how to explain better in english

thanks anyway

vbgamer45

You would need to create those tables via phpmyadmin in the database of your forum

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `smf_profile_comments`
(`ID_COMMENT` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`ID_MEMBER` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
`comment` text,
`subject` varchar (100),
`date` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
`COMMENT_MEMBER_ID` mediumint(8) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
PRIMARY KEY  (`ID_COMMENT`))"

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

gianni77

thanks

will try this out tommorow!

vbgamer45

Released 1.0.8 Version
Adds BBC images and smilies to the add comment form.
Fixes some other little bugs here and there.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

n1kki6

For some reason my add comments are showing up for me since I am the admin but not showing up for normal users.   My permissions look funny whether I manually instal or use the package manager.

n1kki6

Am I missing a setting or something.  No matter what I check in the permissions on the admin can see the comments section on the profiles.

vbgamer45

No you are not missing something. That is a bug with that permissions but should not affect the mod itself.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

n1kki6

Is their anything I can double check, no matter what combination I use it seems normal users don't see it.

vbgamer45

Are you using a custom theme? Mods only install on the default theme.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

n1kki6

yes, but I used the package manager and installed the mods to the custom theme as well.  Even on the default smf theme they don't show up and I double checked the code.

vbgamer45

Make sure normal users have the permissions to view the commetns and guests if you want to.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

n1kki6

hmmm...did that too and still nothing.  weird.  I will go back through it one more time tonight but its weird that its working for the admin so it seems its a permissions issue?  I have a few other mods installed as well could that interfere?

Advertisement: