News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Who Voted What?

Started by Søren Bjerg, August 30, 2006, 09:25:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustJen

We use it too. Patiently waiting!!

growwl

i've been trying to mod the mod and chandged 1.1 RC2, 1.1 RC3 in the package-info.xml to ...1.1 RC3, 1.1
but since i did that and tried to zip the two files of the package and upload them, i get an error that says that the package is corrupt or not valid.

if i try to use the unmodified package of the mod i get an error that says "no actions defined".

so what?
anyone a idea how to fix that to use this terrific mod with smf 1.1 final?

Søren Bjerg

Adding ", 1.1" to the list of compatible versions does work, as that's how I did it on my own installation of the modification.

I've uploaded the updated version I used myself to the download page.
RUNE HORDES dot INFO - SMF 1.1.10 w/ Custom Profile Mod... and various permissions hooks and template changes (new topic form).

growwl

hi soren!
thanks a lto for the quick reply!

Hexjackal

The mod isn't working. I'm using the latest version of the mod with SMF 1.1. Is there an option I need to enable or something?

Søren Bjerg

You enable it for the membergroups allowed to see the voters by enabling them the permission (View voters) for it.
RUNE HORDES dot INFO - SMF 1.1.10 w/ Custom Profile Mod... and various permissions hooks and template changes (new topic form).

growwl

hi Søren!

is there also a possibility to show the results in a table and not with the dropdown boxes?

Søren Bjerg

I think I did promise some time ago to look into alternative ways of presenting the results... but I havn't gotten around to it yet :-[.

I'll see what I can do. What you're looking for is how vBulletin does it, right?

growwl

hi soren!
i don't even know how vbvulletin does it, i only wished the resultas were printed / echoed in a way that is easier to read.

your mod is great, but you always have to click through the dropdown boxes in order to see who voted what.
so, as for me, a simple table where the results are presented would be great!

Krysia

Very nice mod, thank you. :)

It did install half-automatically, with me doing the rest by hand. Works great with my custom theme.
Thanks again! :)

growwl

hi soren!

any news about the other kind of showing the results(table)?

Søren Bjerg

Sorry, been rather busy lately, but I'll see if I can find time to try something out after work today.

Søren Bjerg

Ok, here's a sort of work in progress version (it could use some touching up) with a tabled view of the results as opposed to the select boxes. It's only got native 1.1 final support, but I doubt it'd fail to function if the package_info file was modified to install on previous 1.1 versions.

who_voted_what_1-1_alternative.zip

Optimally, the two of the releases should be merged into a single release - with a choice of which of the results views to be used.

Hope it works for you :-[!

JustJen

I enabled the permissions, but I am not seeing the results.  ???

growwl

hi soren!
great work, i appreciate that.
thank you so much!!!

Syndel

Ok... HELP! *L*
I absolutely LOVE LOVE your Mod... but... since the upgrade to 1.1, after redownloading the Mod and reinstalling (without errors, mind you) I have this thing on the top of my board and hell.. I do not find it to get rid of it... I looked at the index.template... at the display.template... at the messages.index... I looked everywhere before coming to pester... but... I need your help...

Quote// Avatars at Index Mod By alperuzi $txt['enable_mini_avatars'] = 'Enable displaying mini avatars at message index'; $txt['miniAvatarHeight'] = 'Avatar height (pixels)'; $txt['miniAvatarWidth'] = 'Avatar width (pixels)'; // End Of Avatars at Index Mod // [Who Voted What?] $txt['poll_view_voters_expand_to_view'] = 'Expand to view:'; $txt['poll_view_voters_expanded_help1'] = 'Select a name to view'; $txt['poll_view_voters_expanded_help2'] = 'the member\'s profile...'; $txt['cannot_poll_view_voters'] = 'Sorry, you\'re not allowed to view which members voted for what option in the poll.'; $txt['permissionname_poll_view_voters'] = 'View voters'; $txt['permissionhelp_poll_view_voters'] = 'This permission allows people to see which members voted for what option in a poll.'; // Avatars at Index Mod By alperuzi $txt['enable_mini_avatars'] = 'Enable displaying mini avatars at message index'; $txt['miniAvatarHeight'] = 'Avatar height (pixels)'; $txt['miniAvatarWidth'] = 'Avatar width (pixels)'; // End Of Avatars at Index Mod

You can check for yourself here: www.khaotikdezirez.com

Help!

Syndel

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=134294

Was fixed... was in the Languages> Modifications.English.php  the problem...

Søren Bjerg

Quote from: Ajen on December 12, 2006, 04:47:14 PM
I enabled the permissions, but I am not seeing the results.  ???
If you're using the default theme, and the modification installed successfully, I'm afraid I have no idea what could be causing it to malfunction :-[. It worked flawlessly on a stock 1.1 final when developing it.

Quote from: Syndel on December 13, 2006, 04:40:10 PM
[...]
Good to hear you found a fix for it. I would have been pretty stumped at finding what was causing it myself :-[.

growwl

hi soren!
one more question to your "modded-mod".

when trying to adjust the table to my needs, it was no problem to alter the font size for the voters displayed, but when trying to change the background color or image of specific columns, there's no effect.
is that due to the forum's theme's css that is used and overriding the specific tags in the table?

JustJen

Quote from: growwl on December 14, 2006, 06:04:13 AM
hi soren!
one more question to your "modded-mod".

when trying to adjust the table to my needs, it was no problem to alter the font size for the voters displayed, but when trying to change the background color or image of specific columns, there's no effect.
is that due to the forum's theme's css that is used and overriding the specific tags in the table?

Duh, I am an idiot. It works perfectly in the default theme. Very nice work!  :D

Advertisement: