Argentum Enhanced (updated for SMF 2.0 final)

Started by Bloc, July 13, 2010, 07:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

The special quick-reply, the "friends" button/function and sidebar will all be gone in the rewrite, along with the preview in messageindex. I don't see them as particular useful to include further.

sharks

After the rewrite, i honestly don't see any reason why the SMF team would still not approve of this mod as the official theme for SMF 2.0.x or 2.1. It really is 100x better than the overly-simplistic and rather ugly (in my personal opinion) default Curve theme.

Connor Macleod

Quote from: Bloc on October 06, 2011, 03:46:40 PM
The special quick-reply, the "friends" button/function and sidebar will all be gone in the rewrite, along with the preview in messageindex. I don't see them as particular useful to include further.

I agree to three out of four here. But I will miss the sidebar...  :'( Since you say it is not particularly useful, do you mean that most users don't use the sidebar? Or that it is causing problems for the simplicity and compatibility with all kinds of mods?

Quote from: sharks on October 06, 2011, 04:08:03 PM
After the rewrite, i honestly don't see any reason why the SMF team would still not approve of this mod as the official theme for SMF 2.0.x or 2.1. It really is 100x better than the overly-simplistic and rather ugly (in my personal opinion) default Curve theme.

I can give you a good reason: With Curve as the default, our forums with Argentum look much cooler and stand out from the crowd ;D

bloc

Quote from: sharks on October 06, 2011, 04:08:03 PM
Ehem, I did make Curve too y know. ;D Another time, another need I guess.

Gunpoint

bloc how can i place ads and google search as specified in this topic......http://www.simplemachines.org/
community/index.php?
topic=454598.0

Gunpoint

how can i add google searcg to my site, am using argentum and the mods are not working, i would like to add it at the top right above the info center

Connor Macleod

Quote from: Gunpoint on October 08, 2011, 06:29:52 PM
how can i add google searcg to my site, am using argentum and the mods are not working, i would like to add it at the top right above the info center

You have the HTML boxes where you can put what you want, no need to mods or anything. I am sure Google provides HTML code for a search box just like the social networks provide code for their buttons and widgets. Please stop bothering bloc with such general support that doesn't have anything to do with the theme as such. He doesn't have time to look at the important things...

underdog123

hi thanks for the wonderful theme... anyway i have some difficulties adding Header Banner ( not replacing Logo ) ..can you please help me ???

Thanks again !!

bloc

Quote from: underdog123 on October 31, 2012, 02:16:04 AM
hi thanks for the wonderful theme... anyway i have some difficulties adding Header Banner ( not replacing Logo ) ..can you please help me ???

Thanks again !!
It depends on what you are trying to do..if you are not replacing the logo, you need to add it manually to the theme. It was not made to add banners on top automatically.

Guy01

Tinyportal + Argentum. A great theme with a great mod. Thanks a lot Bloc.
SMF 2.0.7
Sitemap
Aeva Media
French utf8
Thème: MundoNetv2

Eriol8

Hello,

How do you move the info center from the right hand side to the bottom of the forum?

It appears that it can actually be changed via the Theme Settings.
Apologies for causing trouble.

Martine M

I see " Show Facebook like button in topics:" in the theme settings but how does that work and how do I link the fecebook account?
Running SMF 2.09 - Diego Andrés Theme Elegant Mind - TP 1.0 - Main Forum language English - Browser Firefox 33

Advertisement: