News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

using a different userbase?

Started by thenomad, September 01, 2006, 01:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thenomad

hi

I recently come across your software smf in relation to a project I run called Firemonger. When we upgrade/renew the site we'll be using smf as the new forums ...

I also run my own blogging system (run on 'Lifetype') and was trying to figure out how to use the blog system userbase as the member base for smf. In other words only the registered blog users have access to the forums but with only the need to register/log-in/out once.

I envisage that they will just register for a blog and that automatically gives them user access to the forums. Doing it that way I should in theory be able to import the current list of blog users to smf as members and any new registering blog owners would be registered;

or is there a way to get smf to just run direct of the blog users database as it's members? I also don't want others other than the registered blog owners to be able to register so the forums are for the exclusive use of the blog system/users only....

Anyone point me in the right direction on this?

edit: nb: blog system allready has userdata providers for phpbb and postnuke
details here hxxp:wiki.lifetype.net/index.php/User_data_providers [nonactive]  - From what i can gather this is being implemented in the next upgrade Lifetype 1.1 - I've just been reading the stuff in the class/dao/userdata file which carries the phpbb/postnuke integration php files..

edit2: just to add that Lifetype is open source ;)

brine

I am also looking for SMF integration with Lifetype. 

tsmalmbe

..:: http://www.kontrollrummet.com - Studio och musik ::.. RSS?

Advertisement: