Myspace Clone and Slide Mod

Started by lawaughn, September 01, 2006, 08:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawaughn

On Phpbb they have a mod for Myspace that allows members of the forum set up pages that look just like there myspace page. They can also add friends and music. I think that members would visit more often and stay on longer with this mod.

The Slide Mod  like www.slide.com would be a mod that allowed for scrolling pictures without having 20 lined up beneath each other you can have one space for a photo with 20 pictures contained.

It would be great if someone could create those.
Most Important, Have Fun

LegendKiller

i like the Myspace idea.. especially the Musik one

Skipdawg

Interesting idea. And I really like the slide mod concept. That could come in handy.  ;)
Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

londonhogfan

The profile comments mod is a good start.

put that along with the custom profile fields and it is very close.

I would love to see a full blown mini-myspace mod.

vbgamer45

I am working on a gallery mod as well which will also add pictures to your profiles.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

londonhogfan

I have put a little effort into the same type of thing. (pictures in profiles)

If you have coppermine integrated with smf the user galleries ID matches their profile ID.  There is a way to pull random images from a users gallery so it should be an easy addition.

Fiery

Great idea.  I think allowing for more detailed profiles would increase the community feel on the forums.

On a side note, maybe redoing the profile page with a different layout would assist with adding all these new features.

Skipdawg

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 06, 2006, 01:16:55 PM
I am working on a gallery mod as well which will also add pictures to your profiles.

Most very awesome, you do great work.  ;D ;)
Skipdawg's Community