News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Advanced Intergrated Java chatroom

Started by Bobcheese123, September 06, 2006, 06:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobcheese123

I would like an advanced java chatroom intergrated into my forum. Only people who I give moderation permisisons and view it. The moderator's name shows up in red. There are chatting lists. They are: Moderators, Chatting and watching. Those who joined the room but did not post yet are watching.

The top of the chat has 2 options for members. 3 For mods. The options are: FILE and OPTIONS ADMIN(for chat moderators).

All changes made by the moderator is live. The moderator can open the room or close it live, remove any chatting list at any time, hide themselves, redirect someone's browser to another website, mute someone from chatting, kick someone, change the chat name. BTW, the text will scroll.

Next to the text imput bar, there are 2 options, whisper(private chat to another chatter), clear imput text. The mod of the chat can turn off and on the private chat feature. The forum admin can change the chat colors. For mods, they can see any extra info about the person like the IP host, etc.

There is a board option that allows the admin to make the posting board into a posting board or a chat room. The title of the chat goes in the board and tells the name of chat, if it is open and how many people are inside. If the room is closed, there is no link. It is like this:

Name of chat: OPEN
Name of Chat: Closed

If you can do this, try your best. Please say it is possible. I have seen chats like this somewere else.

MegaTinkerCoder

I like the FlashChat mod, it is highly ranked and easy to integrate into SMF. Check it out over at Darrens 5$ archive. You get source code and all for the 5 and its a good cause. :)
In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.

Albert Einstein

VaatixGanon

Quote from: Bobcheese123 on September 06, 2006, 06:02:25 PM
I would like an advanced java chatroom intergrated into my forum. Only people who I give moderation permisisons and view it. The moderator's name shows up in red. There are chatting lists. They are: Moderators, Chatting and watching. Those who joined the room but did not post yet are watching.

The top of the chat has 2 options for members. 3 For mods. The options are: FILE and OPTIONS ADMIN(for chat moderators).

All changes made by the moderator is live. The moderator can open the room or close it live, remove any chatting list at any time, hide themselves, redirect someone's browser to another website, mute someone from chatting, kick someone, change the chat name. BTW, the text will scroll.

Next to the text imput bar, there are 2 options, whisper(private chat to another chatter), clear imput text. The mod of the chat can turn off and on the private chat feature. The forum admin can change the chat colors. For mods, they can see any extra info about the person like the IP host, etc.

There is a board option that allows the admin to make the posting board into a posting board or a chat room. The title of the chat goes in the board and tells the name of chat, if it is open and how many people are inside. If the room is closed, there is no link. It is like this:

Name of chat: OPEN
Name of Chat: Closed

If you can do this, try your best. Please say it is possible. I have seen chats like this somewere else.

You know, this looks *suprisingly* like Lithium's Chat system.
Of course, i'd love something like this too, but I don't know if the Flash Chat would fit those needs.
I'm sure I can find someone who can code something like this though. ^_^

Quote from: MegaTinkerCoder on September 06, 2006, 09:48:50 PM
I like the FlashChat mod, it is highly ranked and easy to integrate into SMF. Check it out over at Darrens 5$ archive. You get source code and all for the 5 and its a good cause. :)

Sounds like a plan.
Thanks for the idea, Bob. Thanks for the information on this kind of chat, MegaTinkerCoder. ^_^
This has made my day.

Advertisement: