News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Permission mod.

Started by bloh, September 11, 2006, 11:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloh

Thanks for reading this thread first of all.

I am requesting a small and a simple mod that let you give a member access to a certain board, for example.

Member Y with the membergroup "Member" dosen't have access to the board "Fishers"
However, Member X with the membergroup "Member" does have access to the board "Fishers" because the administrators gave him permission to read and write in that board.

Anyone understands me? Again, in the clearest way:

Give a certain member, access to a certain forum/board without using membergroups. This feature exists in phpBB if I am not wrong, not sure.

Thanks!  :D

Harzem

There is a mod for it (but not updated recently)
http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=59

Also, you can search the forum with topic titles only "member specific permissions" and you'll get a few topics about it.

bloh

Didn't work .. Oh well, bump.  :P

Dannii

It's easiest just to make a new group.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

bloh

Quote from: eldʌkaː on September 12, 2006, 10:53:25 AM

That comment was un-needed.. oh well, thanks for your opionon.  ::)

jacortina

Quote from: bloh on September 12, 2006, 12:16:03 PM
Quote from: eldʌkaː on September 12, 2006, 10:53:25 AM

That comment was un-needed.. oh well, thanks for your opionon.  ::)

No, it's absolutely true.

Make a new group which HAS access to that board and add the
person who you want to have access to it. Make it a secondary
membergroup. It's not as if a member can only be in one group
and access/permissions are (generally) additive - if one group
a member belongs to has access then the member can access.

Dannii

Quote from: bloh on September 12, 2006, 12:16:03 PMThat comment was un-needed.. oh well, thanks for your opionon.  ::)
This is SMF. We like to do things the simple way here. You could hack SMF to pieces to allow you to give access to single members only, but it is best just to make a new group and use the system like it is supposed to be used.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

bloh

I guess I could give it a try eh.  :P Hmm. I think I came to a problem that I couldn't use groups for permission, I will wait tho, thanks ..

Advertisement: