News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Yes translate the gallery.english.php file and any text strings added to modifications.english.php file.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

SMFHacks.com Team

New update released!

+Better linktree display in certain areas of the gallery
+Not filling in all the information/errors on add picture page now redirects back to the page with information already filled out instead of a fatal error. SMF 2.0 only.
!Removed some @ error suppression in the code in a few places
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Xer0n_

I have searched through a bunch of pages and being that there are 177 of them I'm pretty sure it's been covered but I can't find it.  When users add pictures to the gallery it uses their native resolution and show up extremely large when selected.   I tried using a smaller resolution for the maximums but the upload fails if the original is larger and it doesn't go through.

Is there a way when clicking on a screenshot to have it scaled down to fit within the browser instead of the native?  Most screenshots from our gaming community are 1920x1080 and we have to scroll an immense amount to view the entire thing. 

This is what I gather, it's defined based on the original images specs:

< img height="1080" width="1920" src="7_20_08_14_3_20_01.jpeg" alt="" >

Edit:
Nevermind, I guess I need to buy "pro" to be able to do that.

Karin´s Servietten

Quote from: Badelehrling on September 19, 2006, 05:09:35 PM
Da die Macher nicht ganz sauber gearbeitet haben, stehen weiterhin vereinzelt Wörter in Englisch in der Gallerie. Dieses Problem kann behoben werden, indem ihr die Gallery.template.php im Verzeichniss Themes/default/ durch diese Datei ersetzt. (nautürlich erst entpacken ;)) (HINWEIS: Wenn einige Benutzer des Forums eine andere Sprache als Deutsch verwenden, sehen sie diese einzelnen Wörter jetzt in Deutsch!)

Habt ihr Fehler gefunden? Habe ich was falsch übersetzt?
Bitte postet die Fehler hierrein (oder schickt mir ne PN)!!

mfg,
Badelehrling

LIVEDEMO

Schade, der Link geht nicht!
liebe Grüße
Karin´s Servietten

http://www.serviettenforum.de

vbgamer45

That link isn't working for me either. What are you lookign to do?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MyTime

Hello, My first post here on the forum, but used it multiple times as reference, I'm a little confused with this package atm.
I have a custom theme on my site, and mods work fine, i'm using Godaddy as a host and the SMF application just plugs in.
i'm on a windows server.
I installed the package with some minor file errors (which is expected) I had removed the 'help' menu from my forum in the source>sub.php
so that was one of the error messages, but it still installed successfully, i'm able to go to Configuration and see Gallery on the bottom
I click on it and it brings me to the mod, so it seems to be installed and working.

The problem is I can't seem to find the location of the gallery in the forum , unless under configuration to edit settings and other goodies this mod offers. I read "If you are using a custom theme you may see some errors installing on index.template.php" and it also said it should still install fine just without the menu "You can access the gallery via yoursite name than ?action=gallery if you do not have a link or button on your theme" I'v tried adding ?action=gallery to the end of my site name and still couldn't see the mod.
I have added a category with a picture just so I could know their is a pic file in the mod, also but I still don't find it any where on the forum..

Also I'm using smf 2.0.8, but would I be able to change my version of smf to one with GD support (is that what is causing this problem i'm having) without losing my content? I haven't made it 'live' as in telling all my friends yet
so loss of members is okay. I just don't want to lose what i'v already started adding (content). 

"Requirements for SMF Gallery Lite or Pro:
To have SMF 2.0.x, SMF 1.1.x or SMF 1.0.x installed and that your PHP has GD support.
If you do not know if your current host supports GD ask them or in SMF go to your Admin section of your forum and click on Support and Credits and it may say the GD version if it is installed."

vbgamer45

It seems like the modification did not install correctly. Do you have a link at all in the admin area for the gallery? Or no options at all?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MyTime

It does have a data directory url, When I copy and pasted it in my browser it just brings me to the home page of the forum.
I went to gallery>Settings, Is that the correct place too look?
And thank you for your help man, amazing mod.

MyTime

I still need help with this, i'v been struggling on my own and been trying to make it work, I usually don't make accounts because I solve it on my own or someone else has already experienced the same problem and has an answer. Any extra help would be honored please

vbgamer45

Attach your Sources/Subs.php

I want to see if the gallery code is added there. Or you can look at the manually code instructions on the modsite and look for the changes made to Sources/Subs.php to make them.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MyTime

Sorry for late reply, For some reason I wasn't getting your reply yesterday.
I am attatching subs.php from sources directory into the reply now.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MyTime

I have updated the subs by deleting all the contents in my ftp client and copy and pasting the Your edited version but I still do not see a change in the forums, sir. I have also tried editing threw godaddy's webhosting file manager that is connected to the ftp, and I some how deleted the file and the forum would show an error page so I went back into the sources and created a file "Subs.php" and Pasted your edited version and the forum is running again but still the photo gallery isn't working.

MyTime

Just like to note , I was testing all this with the default theme, and switched back to my custom template theme and now theirs a blank tab that is trying to redirect to the photo gallery but it does not load or switch the page.

vbgamer45

Doesn't look like it installed at all then.
Redownload from http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=473 and then install the package.

Or grab the manual install instructions from http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=473

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

MyTime

Wonderful VB, You are an incredible tech Person, I would be very proud to have the knowledge know how you have, It is working seems to be operating exactly as designed. I'm very happy with this, and I would definetly note to donate too you, once any of my businesss take off but I only have $300 to my name atm. Thank you very much

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SMFHacks.com Team

Massive update to the SMF Gallery system
Now with a built in Aeva Media Convertor! If you have been waiting for a migration path now is the time to convert over! Also a bunch other tweaks in the gallery system, full changelog below
+Built in Aeva Media Importer! You can now import your old Aeva Media Gallery and imports your gallery pictures, categories, comments, ratings, view log, if you wish to upgrade to SMF Gallery Pro to gain even more features for your gallery
+Added indexes to gallery picture table to key columns for better performance.
+Alt tags now include the picture title
+Added comment count to comment header on view picture/improved display in SMF 2.0
!View picture layout SMF 2.0 expanded to 100%
!Cleaned some old template code in SMF 2.0 version that only worked for SMF 1.0.x no longer used
!Optimized top gallery buttons code in gallery.php/gallery2.php
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

Shambles

Thanks for the massive update. Good job :D

Just one thing... in your smfgallery2.xml package file you have this:

<file name="$languagedir/Who.english.php">
<operation error="ignore">
<search position="end"></search>
<add><![CDATA[
// Begin SMF Gallery
$txt['whoall_gallery'] = 'In the <a href="' . $scripturl . '?action=gallery">Gallery</a>';
// END SMF Gallery Strings
]]></add>
</operation>
</file>

On my installations, the position="end" inserts the code after my php closure tag (?>) rendering the added text to the screen. I've had to edit the closure tag to a position below your additional code ;)

vbgamer45

Yeah unfortunately that is an issue with smf mods when using the package manager. So other mods do not do the change correctly

Honestly SMF should just remove the ?> from the language files at least not needed.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: