News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

Just needs to be writable is your gallery path valid ends in a slash?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

lewism

I have actually tried various file sizes and types. I changed the allowed size to 2000mb

However, I think I finally found the problem. It is that of setting the resolution size then trying to upload something which is larger. There should be a more informative error message perhaps.

I thought it would let me know that the size was too large or that it would resize it. Is there any sort of auto resizing function for that to happen? Most people don't even have a clue of how to edit images anymore these days and will want to upload huge crazy sized files. An auto resize is a must these days in any gallery :).

SMFHacks.com Team

New update:
!Fixed bug in error message SMF 2.0 for images that exceed max width/height
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

vbgamer45

Quote from: lewism on October 05, 2014, 11:12:38 PM
I have actually tried various file sizes and types. I changed the allowed size to 2000mb

However, I think I finally found the problem. It is that of setting the resolution size then trying to upload something which is larger. There should be a more informative error message perhaps.

I thought it would let me know that the size was too large or that it would resize it. Is there any sort of auto resizing function for that to happen? Most people don't even have a clue of how to edit images anymore these days and will want to upload huge crazy sized files. An auto resize is a must these days in any gallery :).

That was the issue posted an update to fix that bug.

I do have auto resizing of images if they exceed but that is in the pro edition of the modification.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

lewism

lewism

One more question. Is there a way to make the image auto fit the browser when viewing? No one would want to scroll side to side while viewing a bunch of images.

vbgamer45

Quote from: lewism on October 05, 2014, 11:41:46 PM
One more question. Is there a way to make the image auto fit the browser when viewing? No one would want to scroll side to side while viewing a bunch of images.
Yes it does. Has setting for display, medium size, thumbnail size, and large size images.
If you want a 95% full demo check out http://www.createaforum.com you can signup for a free forum I have SMF Gallery Pro installed there. Or I can pm you a test forum login.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

lewism

It's ok, I'll just buy it now and see how things go. Looks like you're an active developer and quick to respond to support as well and that's the key to any good product :).

lewism

The only other question I have about purchasing is...

'Copyright removal'

Is this a separate fee or is that included in the paid version? I sure hope this is included in the paid version? :)

vbgamer45

Yes I am working on updates all the time and have quick response times, been working on the gallery for many years now. I am really proud of the Pro edition in terms of features/options that you can do with it.

Sent pm.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Arantor

Can you upload huge files without changing the server limits?

Curious to know about uploading 20MB JPEG files for example but the server in question does not allow me access to change the max upload limits.

vbgamer45

Planned in an update been looking into it reading php input/splitting it up in chunks.
That part only matters for the most part for large media mainly videos.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Arantor

It's *lots* of fun. Then you also have to balance sending it from the server too... not so much a problem for you since it looks like you're letting Apache do the work, but if you put files behind a PHP script to protect them from guests/unauthorised users, you get to have so much fun with it otherwise avoiding server timeouts.

It's a serious amount of work to design and implement and get right, but I think it'd be worth it if it could be done.

(It *can* be done. It's just *scary*.)

lewism

Now that I've purchased, do I need to fully remove the other version then install this one?

Do I have to upgrade SMF to 2.0.9 or can I wait to make sure other plugins are updated first.

I signed up to smfhacks but the site is note responding to my trying to log back in :)

vbgamer45

Just sent you a pm on instructions should uninstall old version then install SMF Gallery Pro all data is kept intact.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

gaurav09

error when going to "Manage Categories" please help to fix...

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

margarett

This has probably nothing to do with this MOD.
You should be on Godaddy. Ask them to disable mod_security ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

gaurav09

Quote from: margarett on November 04, 2014, 05:50:22 AM
This has probably nothing to do with this MOD.
You should be on Godaddy. Ask them to disable mod_security ;)
"Ask them to disable mod_security"  :-\  :-\
ok if you are saying then i will talk to them :) :D

edit : ,.. i ask host provider or domain provider :p

Advertisement: