News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave J

Quote from: Sean Dempsey on August 25, 2015, 05:58:21 AM
I can't find the answer to this using the search function. The terms I'm using are too general I think and the info is getting swamped with irrelevant returns.

I replaced two picture threads with the gallery and it works great, there is one drawback though, posters who put up pictures on the thread got their post count incremented and all the attendant fame and glory that brings. Now putting an image in the gallery doesn't change their post count.
This is a major disincentive to using the gallery.

Is there an option I have missed? Is there any possibility of a change to the mod to increment post count?

Thanks

If I'm reading you correctly you need the settings on the 'Features' page in the configuration settings. See the image below
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

vbgamer45

davejo that is correct but again that is only in the pro version of this mod.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Dave J

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 25, 2015, 08:45:03 AM
davejo that is correct but again that is only in the pro version of this mod.

good point VB
If you want quizzes to add to the new SMF2.1 quiz mod go here . There are also walkthroughs in the forum to explain how to install them and other tips.

Sean Dempsey

Quote from: vbgamer45 on August 25, 2015, 08:31:09 AM
Currently it is not an option in the lite version it is part of the pro version of the gallery.
I use this code to increase the post count on upload

updateMemberData($user_info['id'], array('posts' => '+'));

Many thanks for your helpful reply.
However I'm new to SMF and don't know where to put that piece of code. I would really appreciate some more details.

vbgamer45

It would go in Sources/Gallery2.php in the AddPicture2 function after the picture is uploaded.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Sean Dempsey

Thanks a million. I'll do that today.
You guys are great.

vbgamer45

Glad to help good luck with the changes.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dreep

Hey,

Excuse my poor english plz.

I'he installed smf 2.0.1 with few modification.
I want to use smf gallery.
I can create category, but when i want to upload an image, i can't because when i clic on "add" button, it says :
"AN ERROR HAS OCCURRED!
Category not found"

what can i do plz ?
thx a lot !

vbgamer45

What mods do you have added on your forum?
Do you have tiny portal?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dreep

Hi,

No Tiny Portal for the moment, but in the futur perhaps...
I try to upload image from my work and it works, i understand nothing !
I will try again tonight...

if you see something bad, tell me...
thx

vbgamer45

Does the download system work? When adding to a category?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dreep

not tested for the moment, i can uninstall it for the moment...

vbgamer45

No please test adding a file I want to see if you get the same error.

The download and gallery system use similar code.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dreep

I win against thé machine !!!!

So, pb resolved...

Picture too high...

But why this error...

I can upload now, thx !

vbgamer45

If the filesize is too large for PHP read this topic on how to raise it http://www.smfhacks.com/index.php/topic,3498.0.html

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dreep

I resolved this problem, thanks a lot.

Another question :
Where can i modify something to resolve this visual probleme (char in the same color of font in orange line at the bottom...) ?

Thx aigain !

vbgamer45

It would probably be the class property it would be found in the gallery2.template.php in the themes/default folder.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

dreep

Quote from: vbgamer45 on September 18, 2015, 09:27:25 AM
It would probably be the class property it would be found in the gallery2.template.php in the themes/default folder.
thx, i can search now !!  :laugh:

Novice

I used the regenerate thumbnail function to repair attachments from my recent upgrade of SMF and like it so much I want you to create a mod that will do this on a global scale for images in threads. We have about 5500 images and less than 1500 regenerated when I updated from 1.1.21 to 2.0.11 - the paperclip is still there to view the attachment but the thumb is just a little black box with an X in the middle. Saving and reattaching each file works but, it is something that will take longer than I have time on this earth to do. Is there a possibility that this could be done?

My apologies in advance if I didn't put this in the right place. I just followed the author trail.

vbgamer45

Possible could be done but I do not have the time to work on a new mod of that nature.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: