SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vbgamer45

You would have to look at each entry in the smf_settings table and see if it is shop related.

Or you can add the money column back to members table and that will fix the error.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Chas Large

How do you remove a category thumbnail?

I have set a photo as a gallery thumbnail by clicking "set as category thumbnail" whilst viewing an image in a member gallery. Now it's set I cannot see any way to remove it except perhaps uploading an image, setting that then deleting it. Am using the Pro version 5.0.3 - yes I know it's not the latest but it does what we need it to do.

Anyone had this issue? how did you resolve it?

Many thanks.
My Modifications :)  My Forum

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

vbgamer45

In the pro version there should be a "[Delete Picture]" link next filename when editing category. But I am not sure what version that was added in
Or you can upload a very small clear tracking pixel image 1x1 or delete the filename from smf_gallery_cat table
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Chas Large

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 05, 2016, 05:56:19 PM
In the pro version there should be a "[Delete Picture]" link next filename when editing category. But I am not sure what version that was added in
Or you can upload a very small clear tracking pixel image 1x1 or delete the filename from smf_gallery_cat table
In the member gallery I can delete the picture. In the members gallery category list I can delete the categories but no, there is no way to remove a image as the thumbnail from the category.

Please DO NOT PM me with support requests. Post the problem in the appropriate Support Board so everyone can benefit from the advice given.

vbgamer45

Is it a members gallery category or a main gallery category?

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Chas Large

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 05, 2016, 06:03:20 PM
Is it a members gallery category or a main gallery category?
Members Gallery > Sub category of that, thumbnail of that category.

Replacing the image with another then deleting the image does not remove the thumbnail. Even rebuilding the thumbnails after the removal does not get rid of it.

I'll hack the dB tomorrow, seems the only (ludicrous) way to do it. :(

vbgamer45

It would be in the gallery_usercat table the id from url of that member category. I checked latest pro I do have that for subcategories as well.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Chas Large

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 05, 2016, 06:16:04 PM
It would be in the gallery_usercat table the id from url of that member category. I checked latest pro I do have that for subcategories as well.

Thanks, yes, that's where the thumbnail remained even though I had deleted the original file.

Appreciate the help

vbgamer45

Glad you have it working. Also if you ever need to upgrade only $25 to get the latest version no matter how old your Gallery Pro is at.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Grammy

SMF 2.0.11 default

Can you replicate this issue?  I just realized today that, when creating a new category, if I type a description and save it, it's fine, but if I copy text from elsewhere to paste into the description field (in this case, from another test forum) the result is so microscopically tiny that you can barely see it.

I've started with a new test forum today and have been systematically adding one mod at a time, testing for errors and glitches, then moving on to adding the next mod.  I am now at the Gallery mod and so this is what I've discovered.

I'm attaching a screenshot (the last category is the one with the description field I tried to paste text into). 

These are the two errors it throws:

Undefined index: description
Themes/default/GenericMenu.template.php
Line 303

Undefined index: title
Themes/default/GenericMenu.template.php
Line 291

I've never had these Undefined index errors appear until I tried to paste text into the description field.  No other action seems to throw them.  I suppose most people never will paste into the description field, but I thought you guys might want to know about it.

vbgamer45

What type of text are you pasting in from what source?
And what editor are you using in SMF which editor mode

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Grammy

Quote from: vbgamer45 on June 14, 2016, 02:36:56 PM
What type of text are you pasting in from what source?
And what editor are you using in SMF which editor mode

I actually was moving final touches from the test forum to the final forum and clicked "Edit" for a gallery category in the test forum to open that field and copied what was in that field, then opened the window for the new forum and pasted it into that gallery category field.  So it was just a copy/paste from one forum's category field to another.  It was just plain text; I hadn't used any HTML or BBC.

When I do edit SMF files, I use TextWrangler (Mac) but I haven't made any manual edits.  Everything installed smoothly and I've never had any errors until I just happened to try pasting some descriptions so that I wouldn't have to type them all out again.

Sir Osis of Liver

Copy it into Notepad, then from Notepad to the gallery, that will remove any formatting.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Grammy

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on June 14, 2016, 02:54:00 PM
Copy it into Notepad, then from Notepad to the gallery, that will remove any formatting.

Okay; that worked!  Well....  alrighty, then!   :D

I did't realize there was any formatting, not having used any HTML or BBC, but apparently there was.  I'm not sure why that threw Undefined errors, but if I knew that, I'd know everything.  (And no one wants that...)

Thanks! 

SMFHacks.com Team

Minor update:

!Minor fixes with Aeva convertor handling apostrophes filenames
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

glennmckenna

I'm looking to remove a bar from the style (see attached image) of the gallery page, i assume i have to modify Gallery2.template.php ?

and to remove that bar i have to remove this :

ShowTopGalleryBar($txt['gallery_text_title']);

but when ever i remove it i get this error (sorry for it being in french)
Erreur de traitement du modèle !

Un problème s'est produit durant le chargement du modèle ou du fichier de langue /Themes/default/Gallery2.template.php. Vérifiez la syntaxe et réessayez. Rappelez-vous que les apostrophes (') doivent souvent être échappées via une barre oblique (\). Pour obtenir plus de détails sur ces erreurs par PHP, essayez d'accéder directement au fichier.

Vous pouvez aussi recharger la page ou utiliser le thème par défaut.
syntax error, unexpected 'function' (T_FUNCTION)

i even get this error when i re add it, to fix the error i have to restore a backup

vbgamer45

Removing that line shouldn't cause an issue unless there is code before it.

Please attach the changed file.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

glennmckenna

here are the two scritpts, the -bak is before modification

vbgamer45

Removing that shouldn't create an error. there is no reason it should.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

glennmckenna

Quote from: vbgamer45 on July 17, 2016, 09:14:49 PM
Removing that shouldn't create an error. there is no reason it should.
now that's interessting cause i get template errors every time

here's a copy of the error
Error treatment model !

It Seems That the forum Meet Some difficulties CURRENTLY WITH His MODELS Graphics . Could Be the Problem What Not being temporary , Back TRY more later. If you continue to see this post , contact the administrator.

Vous pouvez aussi try recharger page

Advertisement: