News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF Gallery

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, September 16, 2006, 07:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novice

I certainly understand. Thanks for your response and everyone at our site loves the classifieds mod we purchased!

vbgamer45

Thanks for your support! Hoping to pick up the SMF stuff more once 2.1 is released.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Novice

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 24, 2015, 03:55:17 PM
Thanks for your support! Hoping to pick up the SMF stuff more once 2.1 is released.
Great! I can't wait and only hope that the others that contribute mods will do the same. The bulk of our mods are by the Hack team so I'm worrying too much.

I set up a test site using our old 1.1.21 database and upgraded it to 2.0.10 before trying to do it with the live data. It wasn't as smooth as I had hoped but learned that uninstalling all mods and then pruning the mod data out of the database is the only real way to remove most of the bumps. I then upgraded the test site with the large upgrade to 2.1.0 Beta2. Nearly every attachment at this point had no ability to generate a thumbnail for our attachments. The only thumbs that worked were the ones that had been created using 2.0.10. All priors were not recognized. For a group that relies on pictorial communication as well as text in their posts, it is a nightmare. As I said before, I doubt I would ever live long enough to save each attachment then reattach and save each post. I'm actually getting a headache thinking about it.

Maybe you could pass this along to the folks that are the expert coders that deal with this aspect of the program for 2.1.x. It really is a huge issue for upgrades if you think about it.

Keep up the good work and FYI, I'm still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles the Classifieds mod has. I changed some of the text in the English files to kind of customize it a little. I don't think it will effect the functionality any. But everyone is really having a good time with it. Come join our group so you can see what we have done with it. Here is a referral link for you to use and once your on, I'll upgrade your status to be able to see the controls.

http://membersforum.knightsofthecointable.org/index.php?action=refferals;refferedby=100

Thanks for all your help and support!
Terry Olds
Novice

vbgamer45

That might be a flaw in the 2.1 upgrader if attachments form 1.1.x are messed up.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ArkServer

I have not read through all 185 pages but my question is does this mod have a feature that allows me to set a different server to upload images that shows up on the forum? my host bandwidth is very limited and i host all my drawings/art on imgur for that reason but the idea of having a gallery to show all artwork in one place is neat instead of creating a new topic and post drawings that way like i have now --> http://blushyface.com/community/creative-corner/

if not, is there a way to do so?

vbgamer45

No, The gallery has a gallery path and url option but can't upload to a new server. Bandwidth shouldn't be an issue today i would look into a different hosting plan if that is the case.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ArkServer

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 04, 2015, 08:07:48 AM
No, The gallery has a gallery path and url option but can't upload to a new server. Bandwidth shouldn't be an issue today i would look into a different hosting plan if that is the case.

I actually asked around here http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=540859.0 and contacted my host last week but no reply yet.. shame. I don't want to fill your topic with off topic so I'll leave it at that.

Too bad for me that there is no option to upload to another server but i'll definitly give this mod a go when i have more space. Thanks for the help :)

vbgamer45

Remote servers are hard to do. You would have to somehow copy over the file to that server. Either via ftp or some other method.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

PaulKet

I'm getting an error with SMF 2.1 beta 2 and this mod:

File: /home/myforum/public_html/Sources/GalleryHooks.php

>179: 'title' => $txt['smfgallery_menu'],

How can I fix this?

vbgamer45

Make sure this text is in your themes/default/languages/modifications.*.php files

//Begin SMF Gallery Text Strings
$txt['smfgallery_title'] = 'Gallery For SMF';
$txt['smfgallery_menu'] = 'Gallery';
$txt['smfgallery_version'] = '5.0 Lite';
$txt['smfgallery_admin'] = 'Gallery Configuration';
$txt['gallery_txt_convertors'] = 'Convertors';

//Permissions
$txt['permissiongroup_smfgallery'] = 'SMF Gallery';
$txt['permissiongroup_simple_smfgallery'] = 'Use SMF Gallery.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_view'] = 'View SMF Gallery';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_view'] = 'Allows the user to view the Gallery';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_view'] = 'You are not allowed to view the Gallery';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_add'] = 'Add Picture';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_add'] = 'Allows the user to add a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_add'] = 'You are not allowed to add a picture.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_edit'] = 'Edit own Picture';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_edit'] = 'Allows the user to edit a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_edit'] = 'You are not allowed to edit a picture.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_delete'] = 'Delete own Picture';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_delete'] = 'Allows the user to delete a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_delete'] = 'You are not allowed to delete a picture.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_comment'] = 'Leave Comments';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_comment'] = 'Allows the user to leave comments on a picture.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_comment'] = 'You are not allowed to leave comments.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_report'] = 'Report Pictures/Comments';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_report'] = 'Allows the user to report pictures and comments.';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_report'] = 'You are not allowed to report content.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_autoapprove'] = 'Auto Approve Pictures';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_autoapprove'] = 'Pictures do not need to wait for approval.';

$txt['permissionname_smfgallery_manage'] = 'Manage Gallery';
$txt['permissionhelp_smfgallery_manage'] = 'Allows the user to add/delete/edit all catagories. Delete Comments, Delete Pictures, Approve Pictures';
$txt['cannot_smfgallery_manage'] = 'You are not allowed to manage gallery.';

$txt['gallery_form_managecats'] = 'Manage Categories';
$txt['gallery_form_approveimages'] = 'Approve Images';
$txt['gallery_form_reportimages'] = 'Reported Images';
$txt['gallery_text_settings'] = 'Settings';
$txt['gallery_txt_copyrightremoval'] = 'Copyright Removal';

//END SMF Gallery Text Strings

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

PaulKet

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 14, 2015, 10:02:25 PM
Make sure this text is in your themes/default/languages/modifications.*.php files

Thank you, vbgamer45. The code was missing.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Lum-chan

Currently I'm still running version 2.0 but I'd like to upgrade to 5.5.1 of Gallery Lite. What is the recommended way to do this? Just install it over the previous install or deinstall 2.0 first and then install the latest version?

Thanks in advance!
Lum-chan

vbgamer45

If you can uninstall that would be best bet if not the other way might be ok too.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Lum-chan

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Lum-chan

vbgamer45

Let me know if you have any issues.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

SMFHacks.com Team

Update
!Fixed menu icon for SMF 2.1 Beta 2
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

warhonowicz

This will be a bit of a long shot, but maybe someone can help me. A couple of years ago I built a forum for a club I was a member of at the time. I used SMF and a version of SMF Gallery. I ran the site for a couple of years but then left the club as I moved away but still kept in touch with some of the members. They have recently contacted me since they had massive problems with the forum (I believe it had been hacked) and asked me to help.

I have been able to restore most of the forum but I cannot get the gallery to work. I downloaded everything from the server before starting work and within those files is SMFGallery3.1.3. When I install the mod I get a load of text at the top of the screen even though I got no error message during the install.

I then downloaded the current version of SMFGalleryLite and tried it with that version with the same result.

Would anyone know what causes this and how I can solve it?

Tell me and I will forget
Show me and I might remember
But involve me and I will understand

SMF 2.0.11 with TP 1.2

Fisch.666

Hi,

have a look at your Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php an make sure the ?> is after the shown text and not before this text.

warhonowicz

Quote from: Fisch.666 on January 08, 2016, 05:57:32 AM
Hi,

have a look at your Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php an make sure the ?> is after the shown text and not before this text.

Thanks ... that was the problem.
Tell me and I will forget
Show me and I might remember
But involve me and I will understand

SMF 2.0.11 with TP 1.2

Advertisement: