Member Awards (2.0 Compatible!)

Started by Spuds, September 18, 2006, 03:14:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spuds

Link to Mod

Notice: Development for SMF 1.1.x has ceased. Only compatibility and security fixes will be released.

Member Awards v2.2.3
By: JBlaze
Former Author: Fustrate
Original Author: JayBachatero

Introduction
A system where members can be given awards to display in their profile and posts.

Features

• This mod allows users with the permission to upload images that will serve as rewards.
  • These images can be assigned a name as well as from what they were earned (Ex. Contest, or the name of a game)
  • The image and the details assigned with the image are stored and can then be assigned to members.
  • Awards can be uploaded, assigned, and viewed in the admin panel.
  • The same image can be assigned to multiple members.
  • Once assigned, the member can view his/her album, as well as others.
  • They will be able to select their favorite image, as well as see who else has earned that award.
  • Those with correct permissions can edit the image and information assigned to that image, as well as completely delete it.
  • And more!

Support
Please use the modification thread for support with this modification. Personal messages for support are discouraged.

Languages
o English
o English UTF-8
If you have any translations for any other languages, I would be grateful if you would send them to me via PM or in the Mods topic.

Changelog
> Comment
+ Addition
- Error/bug fix

Version 2.2.3, November 8th, 2010
! Minor bugfixes

Version 2.2.2, November 4th, 2010
> Compatibility update for 2.0 RC4

Version 2.2.1, May 29th, 2010
- Fixed profile awards view bug. (Thanks to C4G-TK)
- Fixed assign error for members with less than 3 characters.

Version 2.2 May 11th, 2010
> Mod taken over by JBlaze
- Fixed pagination error in profile
- Fixed auto-suggest feature in admin
- Fixed other small errors
+ Rewrote admin and profile templates to be more "curvy"

Version 2.1.7 August 23rd, 2009
> This is the first "landmark" release. The upgrades were getting too big, so you'll now need to update to 2.1.6 before updating any further.
- Fixed admin area pagination bug
- Can now favorite multiple awards (finally!)
+ Added an "Awards List" in the member profile

littleone

Ive been working with this mod since Friday, and its flawless now :)  I love it and Jay did an amazing job at it.  You guys will love this :)

Fatherguido

Awesome! Can't wait to try it out

JayBachatero

Hey littleone how about some screenshots?  Since you have your page full of awards already :P.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

DrDom

hi,
I like the idea of this mod a lot, and so installed it to try it on my test setup, which is a clean install of SMF 1.1 RC3, all seemed fine as I tested the different aspects of it, then I came across this error.

Database Error

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')
ORDER BY realName ASC' at line 4
File: C:\xampp\htdocs\SMFRC3\Sources\ManageAwards.php
Line: 635

This error only ocurs when the regular members is selected by itself, if any other group is selected with it then there is no error.

JayBachatero

Follow me on Twitter

DrDom

hi jay,
Thanks for the speedy reply, i have tried the attached file, and now have this error

Database Error
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')
ORDER BY realName ASC' at line 4
File: C:\xampp\htdocs\SMFRC3\Sources\ManageAwards.php
Line: 638

It looks like the same error but a different line number.
also if this helps, I am using
MySQL 4.1.14
PHP Version 5.0.5
Apache/2.0.54

JayBachatero

My mistake.  Silly me.  I just added something that it would sitll cause the error.  The problem is taht if you only have registered memebrs selected is a different query and the post value is unset so it's empty since it only one was selected.  I added a check to see if it was NOT empty but ended up doing if it was empty. :-[
Follow me on Twitter

DrDom

hi jay,
perfect, it now works a treat, thank you for the speedy replies, and keep up the great work, its much appreciated.

regards

JayBachatero

Ok good.  I just updated the mod to 1.0.1.  Keep testing.:P
Follow me on Twitter

DrDom

hi Jay,
MEMBER AWARDS
In Select Membergroups, if you select "Moderator", click next to continue, select an image,

under the image where it says "select Members" it's empty, no moderators names show up, obviously if I then click next to continue it displays this,

An Error Has Occurred!
You must select a member and/or award in order to continue

The same applies if a group is selected that has no members, so i was wondering, if it was possible to put a check in place to test if there are members in the group, and if no members , then dont display that group for selection.

Regards

JayBachatero

Umm do you have moderators though?

EDIT:  Since this is not a big bug I'll leave this for when something major shows up.  Or do oyu have members in the moderator group and it's not showing on the page?
Follow me on Twitter

DrDom

hi Jay,

Quote from: Jay The Code Monkey on September 18, 2006, 07:54:01 PM
Umm do you have moderators though?

yes i put moderators in place for the testing.

regards

JayBachatero

So they are not showing up?  Moderators or global moderators?
Follow me on Twitter

DrDom

hi Jay,
Moderators do not show up, Global Moderators do show up

Regards

JayBachatero

Meh here you go.  I should've used the same stuff from manage news >_<.
Follow me on Twitter

DrDom

hi jay,
That seems to have cured it, at least thats got a few bugs sorted, and as its now 3:14 am here in the UK, i'm now going to get some sleep.

Regards

JayBachatero

Alright thanks for reporting these bugs.  I'll update the mod later this week and wait for other reports.
Follow me on Twitter

TechnoDragon

i know this may be a silly and worthless question...but any chance of making this work for rc2?  i have so many mods and code hacks to my borad that it is just not feasible to upgrade to rc3
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!

Vinspire

Quote from: TechnoDragon on September 19, 2006, 01:27:01 AM
i know this may be a silly and worthless question...but any chance of making this work for rc2?  i have so many mods and code hacks to my borad that it is just not feasible to upgrade to rc3

I am facing the same problem too. Anyway, could someone post up the screenie for this mod please ?

Advertisement: