News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

ADD'L PROFILE FEATURES?

Started by 1web, September 21, 2006, 01:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1web

Our club would like to have a couple additional features added to our profiles if possible:

1. A calendar-linked space for anniversaries (or other significant recurring dates, like the birthdays are now)
2. A space to add several contact phone #s
3. Several misc spaces, i.e. not a signature, title, etc., that we would use to list our bikes :)

Could this be done? How about if I bake brownies for the wonderful tech that makes it happen? :D

Skipdawg

Skipdawg's Community

Powered by SMF 1.1.3

1web

Whoo-hoo! Yep, looks like it. :) Now I'll just have to go through aaaaallll these files and find the right ones to tweak around with. That's really perfect for us.

1web

Apparently that mod won't work on 1.08, plus it seems to have failed a lot. Any other suggestions?

Alan S

My advice is to upgrade to rc3. The custom profile mod is really the best way to do what you want.
Quote from: Eliana Tamerin on August 23, 2008, 04:10:10 PM
SMF 7 is where it gets good. That has time travel. You can go back and post before the guy who flamed you. :P

1web

Is rc3 a pretty benign, reliable, non-buggy program?

Skipdawg

Well for one there is no such critter as a non-buggy program. There will always be something. But it is rather rock solid for my needs so far. Some will say more stable than any of the 1.0.x line. I agree  ;)
Skipdawg's Community