News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Simple Profile Mod... Is This Possible?

Started by 1web, September 22, 2006, 12:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1web

I had asked earlier about customizing our profiles, but I guess nobody has designed anything yet that'll work on v 1.08.

So until that gets done, I'm wondering if we can simply RENAME the existing spaces in the current profiles, for instance:

"Custom Title" becomes "Home Phone"
"Position" becomes "Cell Phone"
"Personal Text" becomes "Bike Year/Make/Model"

I'd like to get rid of "Posts" entirely, along with "IP", "Hostname", "Date Registered", "Last Active", and all the IM spaces. This forum is being used by a limited-size group of close friends, none of whom use IMs or need to be tracked in any way. :)

I looked in the Profile.PHP file to see if I could find just the display titles, but I didn't see them. Changing the display titles shouldn't affect how the code works, should it?

vbgamer45

This infomation is located in the language folder of the theme. In the .english.php files if you are using the english language.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

1web

Maybe I'm blind, but I just read the Admin.english.php file twice without seeing the profile titles anywhere. (?) I only have English enabled. Am I just overlooking it?? Or is there another english.php file?

vbgamer45

It would be in another file try Profile.english.php
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

1web

Found that file, and changed what appeared to be the display titles. Uploaded the updated page to replace the previous one... and zip, nada. No change in the profile display. I guess it might've changed the fill-in-your-profile display since that's obviously what most of the file was geared toward, but it didn't change the public display.

vbgamer45

I would check out all the english files and search each one till you find the information.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

1web

I'm having no luck doing the random file-finding. Oh well. Thanks anyway.

GJ-tje

Have you tried to refresh the page using ctrl+F5 (or cleared the temp. internet files?) :)

Maybe the Custom Profile Field mod could help you with this as well.
Then you're able to keep the default profile fields, and add new fields :D
"People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something of equal value.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange."

"People should not be afraid of their Goverments. Goverments should be afraid of their People."

Advertisement: