News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Membergroup On Registration

Started by codenaught, September 30, 2006, 09:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustJen

Would love an upgrade of this mod for 1.1 Final whenever possible please!

codenaught

Quote from: Ajen on December 08, 2006, 08:30:49 PM
Would love an upgrade of this mod for 1.1 Final whenever possible please!
It is compatible on clean install of SMF 1.1 Final. If you have tried to apply it, are you getting errors? Could be because of another mod editing something it is searching for.

Quote from: captain236 on November 05, 2006, 02:18:28 PM
i know it doesnt pertyain as much to this mod.. but since we were on the topic of addin secondary membergroups..  is there a way to set it so that it will display both membergroup images? 

i have some ranks set up and each rank has a lead, and would like ppl to see which rank they are in, as well as if they are also in a lead position.?

thanks for any info.
There is this mod that will show multiple group names - http://mods.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=124. However it is not compatible with SMF 1.1. You might want to post this request in the Mod Requests board.

Quote from: J!ass on November 02, 2006, 07:37:06 AM
Hey aka,

is it possible to make the field compulsory during the registration?
Because if not filled the standart usergroup will be selected when registering and I want the special Newbie group to be selected.

J!ass
Sorry for the late reply. I plan to update this mod soon with such an option.
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

JustJen

I'm getting an error at this point:

4.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/Register.template.php     Test failed

ETA~~ It was not getting along well with the Gender on Registration mod installed. Seems to work fine if this mod is applied first and Gender second. Who knows why, but whatever.

emaildrop

which one should I install

Group on Registration-1.1.tar.gz (4KB)  ?

I am using 1.1 final  the latest smf

codenaught

Quote from: emaildrop on December 16, 2006, 04:29:30 AM
which one should I install

Group on Registration-1.1.tar.gz (4KB)  ?

I am using 1.1 final  the latest smf
Yes, that is the latest version and it works for SMF 1.1 final.
Dev Consultant

emaildrop

thanks I already installed
Off the topic ( now that you people are specilized in user groups_ :
any body can answer this please
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=135006.msg859880#msg859880

Saku

Quote from: Jim R on October 01, 2006, 04:17:08 PM
2)  Can this option be moved to allow User to make their choice on their Profile (Account Related Settings)?

Any recent news about this?

RoarinRow

SMF 2.0
TP 1.0 RC1.1
Wordpress 3.1.3

codenaught

Quote from: Sakuragi on January 05, 2007, 04:09:01 PM
Quote from: Jim R on October 01, 2006, 04:17:08 PM
2)  Can this option be moved to allow User to make their choice on their Profile (Account Related Settings)?

Any recent news about this?
This is a feature I have been planning for awhile but just haven't done yet. Hopefully by this weekend I can release an update to allow this (although it may be in the form of a another mod because it is a lot of extra code when some may not want the feature and would require this mod to be renamed otherwise).
Dev Consultant

MoreBloodWine

I personally dont see this feature as being useful imo bec once I have groups set I dont need my users changing groups and getting into forum sections they dont need to... but the overall idea is nice I personally wouldnt use it... now if a feature for the admin panel can be set to allow the forum admin to either allow or disallow members to change groupss via the profile than that could be useful for forum admins that wana let their users  change group via their profile.
Want a sig like mine for your BTCGuild stats ? Then check this out: Spend-ur-Bits

Saku

allow members to change Additional Membergroups only, not the Primary Membergroup would be nice

Davey D.

Okay which file do I install?

Can I change the text, "Pick your membergroup" to something else?

codenaught

Quote from: davidkirk on January 22, 2007, 07:46:38 PM
Okay which file do I install?

Can I change the text, "Pick your membergroup" to something else?
The one you should download is - "Group on Registration-1.1.tar.gz."

Yes. Just edit the text string that mod adds to Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php -

$txt['pick_group'] = 'Pick your membergroup';

Quote from: Sakuragi on January 14, 2007, 06:45:22 AM
allow members to change Additional Membergroups only, not the Primary Membergroup would be nice
This feature was what was added in version 1.1 of the mod.

Quote+ Added option for admins to decide if the group members register to is their primary or secondary group. (Register.php, ManageRegistration.php, Register.template.php, Modifications.english.php)
Dev Consultant

ShawnX

Quote from: J!ass on November 02, 2006, 07:37:06 AM
Hey aka,

is it possible to make the field compulsory during the registration?
Because if not filled the standart usergroup will be selected when registering and I want the special Newbie group to be selected.

J!ass

Will this feature be added soon?  

me123

I am using the Dutch language in SMF 1.1.2.. This mod does not support it.
Where can I find the phrase: 'Pick your membergroup', so I can translate it myself? When I use the SMF forum in Dutch, the place of this sentece is left blank.
When I use it in English, I can now give the registering user a compulsery choice of membergroup. This works ok, however when I switch to Dutch, there is a blank line in the dropdown menu. So people can still register without choosing a compulsary group...

1 How can I place a Dutch sentence at the 'pick your membergroup' place?
2 How can I delete the blank line in the dropdown menu  

Darcy

Hoi Me'123,

I translated it to Dutch and it works just fine,I'll contact you later as I'm heading out for work in a minute, I just needed to put one question here first  ;)

???

Hi everyone who may be able to help...

This Mod worked fine and in fact, it still does but, I noticed today that (maybe it has always been like that but I assume it didn't) when someone registers, they can pick the group I selected for them to pick (in settings registration section) but, when someone forgets and later goes to their profile... they can pick ALL options available, even forum admin etc.

Why does that happen there and not at registration?

I'm almost convinced that it never has been like that, I do recall changing something in a php file, but it doesn't come up now, what it was I changed... I think the password section so the login.dutch.php I guess.

They shouldn't be able to pick ANY option in their profile change, how to check that part and reset it to just those I alow them to change to ?

Thank you

My avatar has copyright © Maija

me123

Hello Darcy,

I am glad you will provide me with an answer. I really do need this feature...
Looking forward for your answer. I am not a PHP programmer, but I can change php files, if I know where to put the code.....

Hopefully you give the answer soon...  :)

Darcy

Ok Me, here is the file that you may be looking for...  It's not the php file itself, but the text that goes in the php file Modifications.Dutch.php or such as well as in the Modifications.Dutch-utf8.php  (or was it ModSettings ? well, one of those  ;) but both in the Dutch and Dutch-utf8 )

I posted it here before... So here you can read and find more Dutch translations  (In the Dutch part of this forum) ;) Some may be outdated tho  ::) but so far, they all work for me...  :)

Edited: PostFrequency and Visual warning don't work in my 1.1.2 version anymore, and actually, I never took the time anymore to check more out on those two; I just might again,  on some rainy day  ;)

Indy74

Hi, there!

Great mod!

And i have two questions! :)

1. I'm not using english as default language. And at the registration page where it asks you what membergroup you want to be in, the text on the left doesn't show. Only the drop-down menu with groups list. So, is there a way to show this text on the left? Just show me in what file and lines I should change things and i'll do it.

2. And the most important thing is that I want already registered members to be allowed to change their membergroups in profile page at any time :) The current mod does'nt allow that, and if they miss to choose it at the registration page, the option is not available anymore.
Of course i'll set which groups are permited to change their group in profile window at the registration/settings page, so there shouldn't be any security issues:)

Thanks in advance:)

Darcy

Quote from: Indy74 on March 09, 2007, 12:28:28 PM

1. I'm not using english as default language. And at the registration page where it asks you what membergroup you want to be in, the text on the left doesn't show. Only the drop-down menu with groups list. So, is there a way to show this text on the left? Just show me in what file and lines I should change things and i'll do it.

Me neither, I use Dutch and discovered that the text on the left only will show as soon as you copied that part from the English php file to your language php file and translate it there and upload it again.

That does the trick !  ;)

However, I keep getting an empty line in my permissions that has a check option but no line on the left side... so I changed my language to English and than it doesn't show either...
I really don't know what should be shown there...  ???

I made a snapshot of it and will post it soon somewhere for you who may be knows what should be there

Quote from: Indy74 on March 09, 2007, 12:28:28 PM
2. And the most important thing is that I want already registered members to be allowed to change their membergroups in profile page at any time :) The current mod does'nt allow that, and if they miss to choose it at the registration page, the option is not available anymore.
Of course i'll set which groups are permited to change their group in profile window at the registration/settings page, so there shouldn't be any security issues:)

This goes for me too... somehow, I can change all profiles but a member can't, and I did check the permissions part and that says they should be able to change their profile, but I guess the group part isn't included there to be changed later

So anyone has the answer ? Besides having them ask me to change it for them   :-\

Advertisement: