News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Add/remove field to profile

Started by Berger, October 02, 2006, 09:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berger

Is there a MOD that adds or/and removes fields from profiles that works on SMF 1.0.8, I
tested this one
Quote from: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=79004.0
, but it didnt work.

eckostylez

Yeah, I'm guessing you're getting the "This modification does not work with this version of SMF" or something like that? Your best bet would be to install a lower version of SMF and work from there.

Kindred

???
Install a lower version of SMF?

No, it should be install the most recent version of SMF.
Upgrade to 1.1RC3
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

eckostylez

What I meant was, install the version it's compatible with, then upgrade your SMF. For this particular mod, it works, because I had it on with 1.0.5, and now that I've upgraded to 1.0.8 it works just aswell.

Kindred

That's not really a reasonable way for anyone to install it if they didn't already have it...

of course, if it worked on 1.0.5, it will probably work on 1.0.8, you just have to change the install file to tell it that 1.0.8 is allowed.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Berger

Quote from: Kindred on October 02, 2006, 04:36:26 PM
That's not really a reasonable way for anyone to install it if they didn't already have it...

of course, if it worked on 1.0.5, it will probably work on 1.0.8, you just have to change the install file to tell it that 1.0.8 is allowed.

And how do I do that? :P

Kindred

open the archive
open the XML file inside the archive
fine the line that says install for="
add 1.0.8 into the ste of numbers after that
do the same for uninstall for="
put the modified file back in the archive...
Слaва
Украинi

Berger

Quote from: Kindred on October 03, 2006, 08:21:41 AM
open the archive
open the XML file inside the archive
fine the line that says install for="
add 1.0.8 into the ste of numbers after that
do the same for uninstall for="
put the modified file back in the archive...

Err, can someone do that for me? Sounds hard :P

winrules

My mod doesn't work on 1.0.x.
It is a lot harder then editing the XML file.

Quote from: eckostylez on October 02, 2006, 04:28:00 PM
What I meant was, install the version it's compatible with, then upgrade your SMF. For this particular mod, it works, because I had it on with 1.0.5, and now that I've upgraded to 1.0.8 it works just aswell.
Did you port it? If you did, could you post it so other can us it?

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

Berger

Quote from: winrules on October 03, 2006, 04:52:32 PM
My mod doesn't work on 1.0.x.
It is a lot harder then editing the XML file.

Can you make it work on 1.0.8? :)

Advertisement: