News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Restricting threads or categories

Started by Footman, November 01, 2006, 05:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footman

Firstly - Hello, I'm new :)

I was looking for the ability to restrict access to certain threads to certain members. Either by password or better yet some permission I can assign certain members. The idea is that members without this permission or level of clearance so to speak, couldn't even access the thread.

Maybe this is can be done for the entire category easier than on a per thread basis.

Just spitballing here and I'm sure it's been asked - I'm not exactly original ya know.. lol

Thanks for reading!

Footman

Thanks for the reply - That might work.

Have you used it?

I don't mind if everyone sees the thread title, I just want to allow certain people to view the threads.

Not sure the best way to have it work.

Ryuoh

heh i acually have another thread for this though no mod or anything for this yet http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=78678.0

Footman

I did a search and found that thread. What I'm hopping for is a little different. Anyone who goes to the forum can see the titles of the categories but can't access the board unless they have a certain permission or password.

Advertisement: