Referral mod with referrals

Started by Sanehouse, November 02, 2006, 10:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanehouse

I know a topic was made on a referral mod, but I'm looking for something slightly different.

I want to hold a referral contest on my forum, so I need a field that says "Referred By:" on the registration page and shows up in the user's profile (but this option cannot be changed later, to prevent cheating). Then, in each user's profile, I need a field that says "Referrals:" which has the exact number of people who they have referred to the forums.

For version 1.0.9. :)

salazarboy

Rocket 442

I am looking for the same exact mod, just in 1.1RC3

5cakids

QuoteI am looking for the same exact mod, just in 1.1RC3

Me too! Willing to go in with some money

SleePy

I am attempting to start this myself..

With one hours work last night I was able to get it on the registration page, get the mysql row and have it inserted when they signed up..
But I still need a way for the admin to change it, ability to enter usersname instead of just ID (need to be able to detect that), put it on the profile page and for it to do something... Really it does nothing.. right now but keep the ID of the member who referred you..
The only thing is I am making it for 1.1 RC3+ since 1.1 Final is so close to being released..

But it might take me a while to build. And even longer to release.. I got 1 mod waiting approval and 1 ready to be packaged and sent out (Right now I am testing code for security and typos). So It might take time for me to get it out..
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

[MaxX]

Good to hear SleePy, do keep us informed :)

Gobo

looking forward to this one - best of luck

nitins60

Every night in my life, i dream you, that's the way i feel you!

Gobo

nitins60

Gobo

Uber_Tiny

I just found this after posting up the same dang thing.

I to want this mod for SMF 1.1.1 cause I plan on doing a contest here very soon and this is one of the brought up methods. Hope you can get it working soon SleePy!!

alphacaveman

Chris™

nitins60

Sleepy, any new information about it?

Gobo

this is an impostant mod someone should make it

nitins60

Really, why no one is taking it seriously?

Advertisement: