Forum money

Started by CWY.net, November 07, 2006, 10:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CWY.net

Hi. I was wondering if anyone could make a mod that allows the use of forum money. Like, you get a certain number of points/money for each post made, and then you can use that money to buy things that other people sell. For example, someone makes a post and gets money for that post, and in that post, they sell something. In order for someone to get what is being sold, they have to use the money they have to "buy" it, and the person who is selling gets that money.

This is a feature that a bunch of Chinese forum scripts have, but I don't speak Chinese and I haven't found any scripts in English that have this feature. As for as I know, on the Chinese forums, the poster puts whatever they're selling within "sell tags" (eg. [sell=10]stuff that's being sold here[/sell]) and in order to see what is within those tags, a user has to pay the amount that the poster specified (in my example, this would be 10).

Does that make sense?

It'd be really awesome if someone could make this mod!
Or does anyone know of a script in English that has this feature? Thanks!

rockinaway

Shop MOD

It has a built in money system
Have I helped you? Then please join AdminFuel - The forum for forum administrators.

If you need help managing your forum, or maybe launching it, then visit us and view the quality articles, downloads and posts.

CWY.net

Quote from: rockinaway on November 08, 2006, 03:26:06 PM
Shop MOD

It has a built in money system
Hi. Thanks for the link, but this doesn't seem like it has the features I'm looking for. I don't want to have to add items to a "shop." I'd like to allow users to sell whatever by inserting it between special bb tags.

Assistance

shop mod has a donation (or sell) feature
~playing poker~

CWY.net

Quote from: Assistance on November 10, 2006, 01:53:54 AM
shop mod has a donation (or sell) feature
Is this something that can be added WITHIN a post?
I actually have not even installed SMF because I will only install it if I can get this feature. To me, it seems that the shop is run only by the admin. I need all regged users to be able to add to the store. Can you please verify for me whether or not all users can add items to the shop? Also, do items have to be uploaded and then downloaded by someone who wants it, or can they just be text and the text is shown once the user has paid?

I downloaded the mod but it doesn't have any in-depth information on the things I'm looking for. Neither does its website.

Thanks.

Assistance

hmm I'll just make an easy post and say the shop mod is not right for u.
but you wont find anything closer.
~playing poker~

CWY.net

Quote from: Assistance on November 10, 2006, 01:16:07 PM
hmm I'll just make an easy post and say the shop mod is not right for u.
but you wont find anything closer.
Thanks. I guess I'll continue my search then.
Still hoping someone will consider making this mod though!

Advertisement: