News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Spell Check Custom Words

Started by SMF Customization Team, November 11, 2006, 02:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghscardinals

How? I want to have a spell check like here in this forum.  Isn't that mod?

Kindred

no...   the spell check in this forum is the basic spell check
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

ghscardinals

Sorry, but where I can get that mod?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JayBachatero

Seems like your host doesn't have pspell installed on the server.  Ask them to see if they can install it.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

Col

Jay,

Can you extend the functions of this mod (as an option) so that the spellchecker skips quotes, code boxes and URLs?

Thanks.

JayBachatero

Quote from: Col on August 18, 2007, 02:30:16 PM
Jay,

Can you extend the functions of this mod (as annn option) so that the spellchecker skips quotes, code boxes and URLs?

Thanks.
I don't ave the time to develop this mod any further.  Sorry.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

dansmark

Quote from: JayBachatero on November 19, 2006, 09:13:14 PM
The spellcheck is a built in feature.  Your host must have pspell installed in order for it to work.  Go to Admin > Posts and Topics.  Enable it there.

Excuse me,

I've looked at many Mods, and their explination of them, but where do you upload the mod after unzipping it?

Like the "Spell Check Custom Words" for instance.
Do I create a directory for it?
I'm guessing I have to edit multiple .php's to get it to work.

I tried the "help for this mod", it lead me here...

Also, you mentioned my host has to create a directory for spell check.
They told me they don't support any form of spell check...
What now?

Kindred

1- you don't unzip mods.   You use the package manager in your admin panel to upload and apply mods.

2- If your host won't install PSpell/Aspell, then you are out of luck (and I might suggest getting another host, since my host installed it with one simple request)
Слaва
Украинi

dansmark

Thanks for the package manager info.
I will try and contact my host again to see if they will install PSpell or Aspell.
I just simply don't have time to search for evrything.

Thanks again!

Matthew Schenker

Hello,
What are the options for custom spell checking in 1.1.9?  This mod seems only compatible with earlier versions.
Thanks,
Matt

vbgamer45

If it works on 1.1.5 it should work ok on 1.1.9
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

ZUMZUM

is there a spell check compatable with 1.1.10 ?

Norv

The spell check is working in SMF, provided that you enable it and your host has the PHP pspell library installed.
This mod is not the spell check, however, but it should work along the spell checking, improving it.

It should work with SMF 1.1.11 as well.
To-do lists are for deferral. The more things you write down the later they're done... until you have 100s of lists of things you don't do.

File a security report | Developers' Blog | Bug Tracker

Also known as Norv on D* | Norv N. on G+ | Norv on Github

jacbier

I like this mod very much!

Recently I moved from SMF 1.1.11 to SMF 2.0 RC3.

Please update this mod to SMF 2.0 RC3, so I can use it on my new forum.
I will be very grateful

Brettflan

I was going to say it works fine for me in 2.0, but I just checked and realized I updated it myself for 2.0 some time ago. So, I've gone ahead and attached my unofficial SMF 2.0 update of the mod to this post.

Kindred

please note: Mods should not be "attached" in the thread...     Either the mod author updates to mod officially, or the mod is taken over by someone else and is submitted officially.   Mods attached in threads bypass all of the checks and reviews that we apply to officially submitted mods. :(
Слaва
Украинi

Brettflan

I figured it was better that than leave people no option for using it in 2.0 other than trying to figure out how to update it themselves, and I did mention it was unofficial.

So much for trying to be helpful? :P

Kindred

we appreciate trying to be helpful... however, this is a continual and bothersome problem. People posting versions of a mod in a thread may (first of all) be violating the copyright of the original author (second) are bypassing the mod approval process which protects users from badly coded, insecure or hack-prone mods.

mentioning it is unofficial does not address either of those problems
Слaва
Украинi

Brettflan

Eh, fair enough; I've gone ahead and removed the attachment from my earlier post. Apologies to anyone unable to get the mod working in 2.0.

Advertisement: