News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

cbi v0.5 (Custom Board Icons)

Started by Bigguy, November 11, 2006, 11:59:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Actually, it's not much of a change.   4 little changes in 4 lines of code.   I actually installed this mod and then made that change because I didn't want separate directories.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bigguy

Well, if it's workin out ok...cool. I'll PM you later about it. Just got done diggin a basement and am a bit tired right now, lol. :)

ViewFromTheBoundary

I am looking to start to use this mod because I want different images on this page http://forum.viewfromtheboundary.com/index.php?board=16.0

Will I be able to have different images for each one?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Westwegoman

Quote from: chep on February 13, 2007, 08:12:34 PM
I thought it would be better to add a table cell in between the on off gifs and the board description.

In my attached image where the red dots are. I like the on off gif files like they are. Forgive me if you can do this. I did actually install the mod and play around with it but didn't seem to find this functionality.

I would love the same thing, sorta. But in a separate cell so its the same height as the post indicator cell. If you add it to the board description with html, then it throws off the alignment.

Not sure how much work it would be but if possible, also the option to input a image url in the modify boards section that points to the board icon.

Or... you could make the new post/no new post indicator automatically show just before the board description. :-\

FemR

What would the code be to include the custom board icons on the "Show unread posts since last visit" page in the Recent.template.php?

Just to show the corresponding board's on.png next to each new post on that page would do.

Will gladly Paypal five dollars for the code (SMF 2.0.2). Thanks  :)

Kindred

doing that would involve a moderate amount of coding in sources and template files
Слaва
Украинi

luuuciano

Quote from: Kindred on October 25, 2013, 08:19:16 PM
Actually, it's not much of a change.   4 little changes in 4 lines of code.   I actually installed this mod and then made that change because I didn't want separate directories.
Quote from: Bigguy on October 26, 2013, 12:19:52 AM
Well, if it's workin out ok...cool. I'll PM you later about it. Just got done diggin a basement and am a bit tired right now, lol. :)

Can you share the changes? it would be great!
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

Harvester

Id really like to have this work for 2.0.7 but the parser says that it wont and wont even parse it. Anyone know if it will work and what edits I would need to use to make it work?
I am using the curve theme.

Adrek

Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

BB13

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

BB13

Yes of course it does, i was not thinking straight. What i was trying to say was, how do i make this work in 2.0.8 when i am using  a custom theme. Which part do i modify in "BoardIndex.template.php" and "MessageIndex.template.php" if its possible

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

BB13

Bigguy

It should, when you go to install it there is a readme. If not the mod can be parsed.

Bigguy

There was a version change today. I updated the mod to install to 2.0.9 I also changed the license on it. You are now free to modify and distribute as long as the readme stays intact.

Bruce the Shark

Same here i am having issues installing this mod.
I have all test fails on my site
my site is running 2.0.9

Arantor

It will fail on your site, Bruce, your theme is quite a bit different under the hood to how SMF is normally built.

Bruce the Shark

Oh
But i need this mod as i want to change my icons for me boards.
What should i use or is this a custom install

Advertisement: